Menu

Kids and bivalent boosters — side effects and experiences

Spryte

Do we have a thread about this already?

DD 11 had her Moderna bivalvent booster yesterday. She’s running 103.3 today, and feeling pretty miserable. This is her first Moderna shot, she’s only had Pfizer up till now. 

What kind of side effects are your kids having, if they’ve had theirs?

• Like 3

7 year old had no side effects whatsoever.   Had Pfizer up until now and got Moderna. Got Covid and Flu at the same time and no reactions from those and not even complaints of a sore arm.

14 and 16 year old got Pfizer a few weeks back.  I wish the Moderna would have been on the table for the 16 year old.  I think I still wouldn't have done it for my ds.   They had mild side effects.  They had also had mild side effects to their first booster.  Tiredness.  A bit of not feeling so hot.

I wish I would have had my 9 get flu and covid together based off of my 7 year old's experience.  But I am thinking for my 12 year old it is good to space the out as it is a step up in dosage and wondering if that will hit a little harder.   

• Like 2

My 17 year old (not sure you count him as a kid) got his 2 weeks ago.  He got the Pfizer booster.  He was tired and achy for two days, and then by the evening of the second day just suddenly felt great.  He got his flu shot at the same time, but he never reacts to the flu shot, but I don't know if that had an effect or not on the overall reaction for sure.

• Like 1

DS had just a sore arm from his (Pfizer), same as I had from mine (Moderna).

DH and my BFF both have Big Reactions to all vaccines and reported feeling sickish the following day. The individual seems to make much more difference than what actually is administered.

We've started joking about it:

*I get a vaccine.*

My body, mildly annoyed: Look, now you have a little hole in your arm! That's going to hurt for like two days, dummy. Haven't you heard of long sleeves? Stay away from thorny things next time. (Oh, and a couple of germs got in, too, but I took care of that.)

*BFF gets the same vaccine*

Her body, channeling Churchill for 24-72 hours: We shall fight in the bloodstream; we shall fight in the respiratory tract. We shall mount a fever of the highest calibre, diverting all available resources. We shall never, NEVER surrender!

• Haha 8

6 hours ago, 73349 said:

DS had just a sore arm from his (Pfizer), same as I had from mine (Moderna).

DH and my BFF both have Big Reactions to all vaccines and reported feeling sickish the following day. The individual seems to make much more difference than what actually is administered.

We've started joking about it:

*I get a vaccine.*

My body, mildly annoyed: Look, now you have a little hole in your arm! That's going to hurt for like two days, dummy. Haven't you heard of long sleeves? Stay away from thorny things next time. (Oh, and a couple of germs got in, too, but I took care of that.)

*BFF gets the same vaccine*

Her body, channeling Churchill for 24-72 hours: We shall fight in the bloodstream; we shall fight in the respiratory tract. We shall mount a fever of the highest calibre, diverting all available resources. We shall never, NEVER surrender!

I just read this aloud to DD with the 103 temp. DH and DS are like you. DD and I are like your BFF. Channeling Churchill is our new code word! 🤣

• Like 2