Menu

Favor: I need to interview someone from a "culture other than my own" for a class assignment.

Jenny in Florida

One of my grad school courses requires me to interview someone from a culture other than my own to examine how culture affects motivational beliefs. 

I could not be more bland and generic, bland middle-class American if I tried, so "a culture other than my own" could be just about anyone with any distinctive sense of "culture." 

If anyone who is not equally blandly and generically American would be willing to exchange a few private messages with me, I'd be extremely grateful. There are 5-10 questions I need to ask, none of which are terribly personal or challenging.

Feel free to speak up here, if you'd like, or shoot me a private message. 

Thanks for reading, and even more thanks to anyone who is willing to help out!

5 hours ago, Tanaqui said:

Jenny, you have a culture. What you consider "bland American" is a culture. It is not "generic" just because it is what you are familiar with. That line of thinking is insulting both to you and to everybody else who isn't American. I will direct you to Zompist's American Culture Test to prove it: https://www.zompist.com/amercult.html

Oh, I know that, in theory. I was just using those comments as a short-hand way to explain that my own background is so firmly rooted in the predominant culture that, in the circles in which I typically move, people who share my culture are a dime a dozen.