Menu

Well-trained bodies - July

Jenny in Florida

Got out for a walk yesterday evening once it cooled down at least a little bit.

Tried to walk my "training"  5k this morning, but fell a little short because it was just so hot. I had woken up feeling queasy and gross, which was not made better by slogging around in the heat. It wouldn't have taken more than another half a block to reach the 5k point, but I just couldn't make myself do it. 

Sundays are rest days, fortunately, so no additional exercise plans other than a second walk or something later to top off the step count.

Summer Splash Challenge: 463.6 of 600K
Walking Streak: 90 days

• Like 5

After breakfast I decided my body was not up to HIIT. 

I did more yard work the real functional fitness 🙂 Temps were in the 70s to 80s vs 90s to 100s--- made it much, much easier to get things done. 

Dh came home at lunch so we got a nap and then more work done outside. 

I'm tired today-- hoping maybe I'll fall back asleep or get a nap. Got to bed after 10 and woke up at 4 with dh's alarm. 

Today:

- court this am --- ugh--- ugh--- ugh ---- this better be the last time

-----schooling the girls/daily jobs

-----a bit more yardwork --- maye I'll be caught up then---- 

----work on the shop this evening-- we're supposed to be setting trusses Wed and have some things to finish before then so dh is in a bit of a tizzy. 

---- official exercise--- leg day

• Like 3

I'm still feeling really draggy. I actually conked out for a nearly two-hour nap yesterday afternoon, which is pretty rare for me unless I'm sick. (I hate napping; I always feel like I'm wasting time.) Not sure whether the long-term lack of sleep is catching up to me or if I'm just not eating enough to keep up my energy or if it's the weather or some combination of all of those factors, but just going outside for a walk feels like a forced march a lot of the time. 

I did make my steps for yesterday, but only just barely. And I fell a little short of my 4k goal this morning. Part of that was about lack of time -- I just couldn't sleep last night and kept trying to steal "15 more minutes" this morning -- but I also just had no energy or enthusiasm for being out there, even with some good podcasts in my earbuds.

I spent about 25 minutes doing strength and stretching on patio. 

Blargh.

Summer Splash Challenge: 470.6 of 600K
Walking Streak: 91 days

• Like 3

Thinking of you this morning @Soror and hoping the court proceedings can bring a satisfactory end to this particular trauma.

30 min on the treadmill this morning. Lots of housework today as I didn't do any over the weekend (it just didn't feel "due" yet since I did it last Tuesday when I returned from CA).

I feel like I'm "cramming" for my blood pressure check next week. I'm trying to eat super clean, like more than I can sustain long term. No more sodas or sweets for 10 days, 5 servings of fruits/veggies each day--some of those are even the dreaded cruciferous family, and not much meat. I think I'm also going to try to up the exercise. On days when I'm not doing 30 min on the treadmill, I would like to add a walk to make sure I get some cardio (like the yoga days). I should have gone on a walk yesterday but it was still pretty hot--93° I think.

First PT session today. This is for my repetitive strain injury in my shoulder from writing on a smartboard at school, but I'll also ask for some knee exercises for my bursitis or whatever it is.

• Like 3

@Soror All the best at court today! Hope this is the last time.

I'm playing tennis this afternoon, and I'll take the pup for a walk at the off-least trails in the evening. Otherwise, it's a rest and recovery day. 

I took dd shopping for new running shoes this afternoon. She doesn't enjoy shopping, and it's tough to get her motivated to actually get up and go. However, this morning was the ultimate form of motivation for her. She's been wearing my old tennis shoes that are too big and the soles are worn down, and this morning she slipped them on and discovered a dead mouse inside. She had to go to work, so she dumped out the mouse and wore the shoes, but phoned me from work that "it was time to shop for shoes." 🙃

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, wintermom said:

@Soror All the best at court today! Hope this is the last time.

I'm playing tennis this afternoon, and I'll take the pup for a walk at the off-least trails in the evening. Otherwise, it's a rest and recovery day. 

I took dd shopping for new running shoes this afternoon. She doesn't enjoy shopping, and it's tough to get her motivated to actually get up and go. However, this morning was the ultimate form of motivation for her. She's been wearing my old tennis shoes that are too big and the soles are worn down, and this morning she slipped them on and discovered a dead mouse inside. She had to go to work, so she dumped out the mouse and wore the shoes, but phoned me from work that "it was time to shop for shoes." 🙃

I suspect you of slipping the mouse into her shoe...

A really nice walk with a friend at lunchtime.  Then I'll do some yoga and maybe have another walk after supper, to entertain myself until bedtime. I really should watch Waiting for Godot too, as prep for my module.

I'm strangely enjoying my short sleeping - I'm dead out for those five hours.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Laura Corin said:

I suspect you of slipping the mouse into her shoe...

A really nice walk with a friend at lunchtime.  Then I'll do some yoga and maybe have another walk after supper, to entertain myself until bedtime. I really should watch Waiting for Godot too, as prep for my module.

I'm strangely enjoying my short sleeping - I'm dead out for those five hours.

Well, now that I know how to motivate her, I'll have to collaborate with her cat more. 😉 

The really funny thing was that she asked me it she should throw the mouse shoes in the garbage. YES!!! We're not keeping them as a mouse haven to hide from the cat. 

Glad your sleep reboot is working so well!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, wintermom said:

Well, now that I know how to motivate her, I'll have to collaborate with her cat more. 😉 

The really funny thing was that she asked me it she should throw the mouse shoes in the garbage. YES!!! We're not keeping them as a mouse haven to hide from the cat. 

Glad your sleep reboot is working so well!

On the other hand, if the cat really likes those shoes as mouse coffins, you could keep them to localise the issue

• Like 1
  • Haha 1