Menu

Luxurious lotion--help me choose one as a gift

Hi folks,

It's me again, needing some input for a gift.

Dh's grandmother is dying. She is a dear lady, very sweet and very cheerful. She is 99yo, and is doing her best to hold on until her 100th birthday party on January 18. For now, though, she is sickly and declining and needing a lot of care.

She has all she needs and is too sick to want much. If she lived in the area I would make her chicken soup and some lovely soft bread. However, she is a nine-hour drive away, so we need to mail her something.

I was thinking of some gorgeous, luxurious lotion? What about Burt's Bees? I wasn't sure whether to go with a Baby Bee lotion or a grown-up one.

https://www.burtsbees.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchResultsView?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&krypto=3jt2sgdBe0A8EWOfG9lhXmVgeJlI6NetWzRL1Dk2jCRSkmRRxwCnhQ%3D%3D&ddkey=http:Blank

Or I am open to other suggestions. Either way I need to get this ordered pronto.

Thanks.

If she likes the smell of lavender, Kiss My Face makes a lovely lavender lotion.

I love lotion from Bath & Body Works, too. Choose your favorite smell (or hers).

I haven't tried Burt's Bees, but I'm sure it's nice.

Mary Kay makes a WONDERFUL Hydrating Lotion - soft scent, and the nicest-feeling lotion I have in the house. They also have a nice peppermint foot cream if someone would put it on her feet. :)

Aloe and Buttermilk look good, but I would try Loccitane.com, they have nice gift sets and their lavendar is very pretty, dh loves verbena, me too.

I was going to suggest L'Occitaine as well. Just beautiful luxurious things. Their shea butter hand creams are fabulous, and I love the verbena and lavendar scents as well.

I love Burt's Bees, but for something truly luxurious, I would go with L'Occitane.

My pick would be something from Crabtree and Evelyn. Their Lily of the Valley is wonderful. I love the Evelyn Rose, too. They do have a website, so you can order online.

Bath and Body Works is nice, too. (I can't get enough of that Twisted Peppermint!) But they do tend to carry the "trendy" fragrances: fruity scents or spicy scents. I know that my grandmother (in her 80's) prefers the more classic floral fragrances.

I'm certain she will love whatever you choose, just knowing that you are thinking of her!

-Robin

Kiss my Face..or one of the Natural Ones.... One of my favorite memories is taking Vaseline's "Aloe Vera" HUGE bottle of lotion to my dad's grandma. I don't really remember here, as I didn't grow up around her, but I remember going to visit her at the nursing home and screaming loudly into her ear...what we had brought her. (She was pretty deaf) She was around 100,too. SO, be sure to take the kids..... I'm glad I have that one memory of her. It's faint..but it's there:-)

Carrie:-)

A few of the items mentioned are lovely but have essential oils in them that could be irritating to the paper thin skin of a very elderly woman (anything citrus for starters). L'Occitane is very nice and the shea butter line seems to have less irritants than the more scented (albeit gloriously scented) ones.

:grouphug:

My great-grand will be 99 this week also.

My absolute favorite luxurious lotions are by Philosophy. One is Amazing Grace, which is a light, clean florally scent; the other is Sugar Cookie body butter, which is more of a lemony scent. I HATE food scents normally, but this one is really light, lemony and fresh.

Michelle...

Look at the first line of your post, then the first part of your Bible verse! :001_smile: