Menu

My coworker got pushed out

Kanin

It's been a very long school year. My coworker, a good friend of mine, finally had enough and quit. There are a lot of "teacher cliques" here and one group just made her life a constant misery. Talking behind her back but nicely to her face, misrepresenting what she said all the time, etc. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't witnessed it myself. I thought that adults would be beyond such middle school behavior. I also thought that adults communicated better than this.

I guess not!

She actually got a great new job. But I'm still really sad and angry. I don't know if I want to work with these people anymore. I know they do the same thing to me, to a lesser degree. I'm trying to decide how much to let it bother me. Luckily I'm in special ed so I can escape to my own world a lot of the time.

But... I also know that the "us vs. them" mentality is what got us into this mess in the first place. I don't want to perpetuate that. But right now I'm really MAD!

• Sad 26

I'm so sorry! I don't blame you for being upset and angry!!!

Are there any other job opportunities in your area? I know it's not that easy to just quit and find a new, better job, but if you're really angry and you think those same people might turn on you more aggressively, it might be worth investigating other options, just in case.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, City Mouse said:

I would leave if you can. An atmosphere like that is allowed to develop because the administration supports it. If it happened to her, it will happen to someone else.  

I'm keeping an eye on the positions. Problem is that I just switched to the school a year ago, and it was so much effort to get established that I can hardly bear thinking about doing it all over again. Ugh. Working somewhere other than a school is sounding pretty good right now.

1 minute ago, lmrich said:

I would start looking around for  something new. Have you been able to talk to the adminstration?

Admin is really pretty awesome. Trouble is, this particular clique has worked there forever and somehow runs the show. It's a really small school and the administrator is also new, which is not helping matters at all.