Menu

We didn't make it to the funeral :-(

We got about half an hour down the road and ds threw up. We have been a bit ill this week anyway. But that just sealed it. We turned around and came home. I feel like yuck today anyway and dh started feeling it last night too. So I guess it is good that we didn't travel.

But I hate not being there with family. This was someone that was very important and this is most unexpected. I talked to my uncle and cousins who were very loving and understanding. They told me to keep our germs away and come later when we were well.

Thanks for the prayers. I have felt them. :grouphug:

Maybe they'll need you more later when things are more calm. When my stepdad died, we didn't go to the funeral, but the girls and I went a few weeks later when things were "back to normal". We had a better visit with my mom, and kept her occupied during a time that she was still grieving, but others were moving on.

I expect we will be down there a bit after Christmas. I will see if my uncle doesn't have any house guests then and if we might stay with him instead of our usual when we visit MIL (who lives in that town too). I know he will want to hang out with my boys.

The short notice of everything made it hard for some to get there too. One uncle is stuck in Louisiana. He is working on a project for hurricane relief and couldn't get a flight out with the weather yesterday.

Thanks all. It really was good that we didn't go. I am feeling horrible with a nice head full of stuff. It would have been miserable. Plus the number of people that were there was just huge. I would have certainly infected others with my germies.

My dad said they got the results back and what happened with my aunt was that she had a "flesh-eating" strep infection. They have no idea how she might have contracted it and showed no signs of infection until it was too late. It moved very quickly. She was at a concert Monday night. Tues. at the doctor and died in the early morning hours Wed. Just unbelievable how this happened. It's one of those news stories you hear about only it happens to your family.

Thanks for all the love. Most appreciated.:grouphug: