Menu

Favorite pasta recipes?

Drama Llama

I make a super simple sauce that pairs nicely with any pasta shape, but especially with Angel hair, linguini, spaghetti, etc  

put some butter and a bit of olive oil in a skillet to melt together. Add some heavy whipping cream, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Simmer and stir.  Taste and see if the proportions are right with the butter to cream ratio and seasonings. If so, toss with warm pasta and top with freshly grated Parmesan. It is so yummy and easy. 

My family loves a homemade cream of mushroom sauce. Cook mushroom and aromatics (onions, garlic, ...) with olive oil or butter. If you want add a little more butter to the aromatics then, add seasoning (my favorite is herbe de provence), cook for 30 sec to 1 min when it become fragrant. Then add flour (I usually scope with my 1/4 cup spoon slightly less than that but more is thicker less is thinner). (You are making a roux.) Once all flour is mixed in (no longer white powder). Add liquid chicken broth and milk/cream.   Use different aromatics, veggies and meat to make different tasting white sauce. 

Meat needs to be cooked prior to the cook mushroom and aromatics stage and removed. Add back the meat to heat up after you've added the liquids. For veggies that take a long time to cook you can cook them seperately before adding them in. For aromatic veggies like carrots I just cut them smaller so they can cook with the aromatics. 

We like 

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/garlic-salmon-linguine/ 

and 

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/broccoli-sausage-simmer/

We tend to use penne or spirals for most pasta dishes.

When the grocery stores were empty I started playing around with what was in the freezer and growing in the garden.  I found that if I sauteed leftover grilled steak or roast meat cut into thin strips along with fresh or frozen green beans (broccoli would also be good, and I've used squash or zucchini when the garden was abundant) and maybe a little garlic, it is really good tossed with pasta.  Sometimes I add some cut cherry tomatoes to the sauteeing.  Most of us like it with homemade pesto (or store bought if you prefer) and the one who doesn't like pseto likes it if some of the butter or fat from the sautee gets poured in with the pasta.  Growing up my family only used pasta for spaghetti, but my family likes this 'toss in what you have' dish, although steak and green beans is the favorite combo.