Menu

Brian Laundrie died by suicide

Catwoman

3 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

I hope the notebook at least gives a confession.  If he wrote ‘ I couldn’t go on after Gabby was killed—but I didn’t do it’….ugh….that will be hard to take.  

I agree! And he might have written something like that.

I wish the notebook would contain a full confession, and that Laundrie would have taken full responsibility for what he did and not tried to blame Gabby for her own murder. I mean, I can imagine him saying they had a fight and he was only trying to stop her when she attacked him, and if she had only calmed down it never would have happened, or some other ridiculous excuse to try to take the blame off of himself.

For her family's sake, I wish it would be revealed that he wrote in the notebook about how tremendously sorry he was, and how he couldn't live with the guilt of having done such a horrible thing. 

But realistically, we will probably never know what he was thinking. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Catwoman said:

I don't know if this has been posted anywhere yet. He shot himself in the head. 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/23/us/brian-laundrie-autopsy/index.html

I can't help but wonder if his parents are wishing they had made him turn himself in to the police instead of (allegedly) helping him run away.

I've thought about this, and I'm not sure I would feel that way as a parent. Of course I wouldn't want my son to kill himself, but I can't imagine him living in prison serving a life sentence or facing the death penalty either. I know my son and just can't imagine him trying to live in those circumstances. Rape, constant threat of violence, cruelty from other inmates and from guards. Not to mention he turns himself in so the state can kill him later, after he has suffered in prison awhile? No good options, no matter what.