Menu

three trash bags of knit fabric scraps...

prairiewindmomma

Someone closed down their etsy shop and gifted me three trash bags full of knit fabric scraps. There are a few pieces that have a bit of yardage--enough to make a pair of leggings or a t-shirt, but most of the fabric pieces are under 1/2 yard and are narrow. They are leftovers after her cutting out for projects. Any ideas on what projects I could make out of them?

I know I can do hair scrunchies out of some of the narrower bits, but I'd love to cast the net wide on this one.  

Ideas? I'd love to see links if you have them...

Are there patterns that you would be happy to see together? The Sozo blog posted a cute project last summer using jersey scraps. The part that jumped out to me was that she didn't use an overlocker, since I don't have one.

The same blogger has done some underwear. That might work with small pieces, especially if you have any small people needing unders!

Maybe a crazy quilt?  Or piece them together & then make a piece of clothing?

Also, you can cut them into specific sized pieces to weave a potholder in a loom.
This youtube gives several ideas you can do with knit pieces.

Edited by Beth S

We have a local charity that gets scraps from a fashion school and makes small items to sell to make money for the food bank. They make things like small change purses, small bags, boo boo pillows, aprons, lavender sachets, stuffed animals or dog toys, cozies, cell phone covers, doll clothes, and sleep masks. Maybe some of those would work?