Menu

URGENT: Hive vs Havenly - design my school room please!

ktgrok

54 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

I did think about that..putting me in the middle. I think I stuck me in the corner by the little wall to hide the mess my desk often is, lol. 

And yes, the bookshelf isn't very high, so fits under the TV. 

Never mind, don't like me in the middle because then I would feel weird sitting there and working while they are watching TV over my head, lol. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scarlett said:

Option #2 for sure.  I love it .  I think it solves all your issues, don't you?

curious why #2 over #1?

Several people in my friend circle voted #1, so now I'm looking at figuring out what is better about each 🙂

I think we may START with aspects of both, for monetary reasons, and rearrange as we add in more drawer units. Starting with upgrading my desk to the alex desk, and getting one desk for DD4, as already that's the biggest issue in there. The other two are each using a table we already had (ikea kitchen tables, one for each) but lil' Rosie has no table in there and keeps using the big kids' stuff. 

So table for her, better chairs for everyone, and my desk (as it is literally falling apart -and I do mean literally). That's trip one. (currently using the kitchen chairs that came with the table and they are NOT comfy - meant for a quick meal not lingering. My butt keeps falling asleep!)

Maybe the bigger alex drawer set at that same time, to put printer on. Printer is sort of balanced on an old end table currently, and all our printer paper and labels and such don't fit well in there either. 

Then get the big kids desks, and coffee table that lifts up to use at the daybed. Maybe a lamp, throw pillows, etc. Kids have asked for bean bag chairs for Xmas as well. 

I like the using what you have, getting what you absolutely need, and see how it feels. My kids wouldn't have done well lined up along a wall together. They did better with windows to stare out of while they thought thoughts lol. I also liked the slide out low bin/drawer units on wheels. Some years I kept each subject in drawer. It's great you have this space to create whatever works best for you and to recreate as needed.