Menu

Murtaugh case just gets messier and messier

TravelingChris

https://www.yahoo.com/news/unsolved-murdaugh-murders-expose-years-115046708.html  This is a NYT article but on yahoo so no paywall.  Now I had heard about the death of the teen on the road that was never solved, the death of the young woman who fell from a boat driven by a drunken Murtaugh kid who was going to stand trial but then in June, both him and his mom were shot and killed in their home.  Then I also heard that Murtaugh the lawyer dad was shot in August and that turned out to be an insurance scam  (Murtaugh the lawyer had a large insurance policy and wanted it to go to his surviving son, Buster) and I had heard about that too.  But the new twist is also that the housekeeper died a few years ago by supposedly falling down the stairs of the Murtaugh's house and there was a settlement for the sons.  But a new lawyer is under charges for having stolen that money- he was at another firm.  And they still don't know who killed Mrs Murtaugh or their son, Paul, in June.

• Like 1

Oh girl, I am all over this story because of the location (I'm in south east ga).   Are you on Reddit?  There's a good group there.   

Someone said on Reddit this morning that the news said Steven smith may have been shot in the head.   I don't know why that info would just now be coming up.   Of course, his autopsy was crap.   
this is going to make a heck of a series.  It's going to need way too much time to tell the story than will fit in a 2 hour movie format.  

I think Alex either shot Maggie and Paul or had them killed.   I think Paul killed Steven.  I'm not sure about Gloria yet.   And we know Paul was driving the boat that night.    It is a cluster* of gigantic proportions.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, TravelingChris said:

Yes, to both of you.  I watch  a lot of true crime and this has to be one of the most complicated cases I have ever encountered. Yep= no two hour movie will be enough for this drama.

This is why I don't think Alex has been arrested yet (for more than the fake suicide stunt).   I think this thing has so many tentacles that stretch all over South Carolina, down into Savannah, that the FBI is having to sift through so much crap to figure out who to charge with what. I think Alex is only the tip of the iceberg and there may even be someone above him.   I also think his brothers, esp R, are going to be brought in on something, too.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

It really is! It’s so hard to keep track of all of the players. I feel like I need a scorecard… or maybe a spreadsheet!

It feels like another game of bingo! Potential squares, "Murtaugh claims devil made him do it", " Aliens", "the CIA framed him", " The maid was really his secret daughter",  "The Russian Mob",.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

It feels like another game of bingo! Potential squares, "Murtaugh claims devil made him do it", " Aliens", "the CIA framed him", " The maid was really his secret daughter",  "The Russian Mob",.....

I saw one bizarre thing on Reddit the other day and my eyes rolled so far back I could see down my throat.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Well another charge for Murtaugh-- https://www.foxnews.com/us/alex-murdaugh-arrested-housekeeper-gloria-satterfield-insurance-settlements

Not only do you need a family tree- you need some kind of excel spread sheet to track who is charged with what in this case.  Looks like Alex Murdaugh got yet another charge.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Pawz4me said:

So . .who thinks he probably pushed the maid? And then (the a$$hat) blamed it on the dog. 😠

At this point it's hard to believe he's NOT guilty of all the things.

Yes, I do,  And I forget which of these deaths may have something to do with Buster, the surviving son but it seems like this was just a criminal family.

BTW,  I am really doubting the whole ocycodone addiction thing that the father allegedly has-  Addicts of opioids, as opposed to normal pain patients, are using the drugs to get high-- when you are high with something like opioids or anti-anxiety pills- you tend to get chill- not murderous.  So I don't know if he had more than one drug he was taking- like meth or cocaine- both of which can increase aggregation- or if this is some yayhoo attempt at garnering sympathy for upcoming trial- but I am suspicious of anything that man says or does.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pawz4me said:

So . .who thinks he probably pushed the maid? And then (the a$$hat) blamed it on the dog. 😠

I know! This guy just seems to go out of his way hammer nails into his own coffin.

I don't have enough imagination to write a novel this crazy. What's that old saying? "Truth is stranger than fiction!" Murtaugh has proved that.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pawz4me said:

I was not ready to point fingers at hi, regarding Gloria's death.  I tried to give them (the family) the benefit of the doubt, but now?   Yeah, there's a good chance one of them pushed her.    And I don't think the murdered wife was an innocent party either.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Annie G said:

I keep waiting to hear whether Buster was involved in anything shady.  I hope he’s clean, but who knows?!

I think Buster may have known about (or even been involved in) Stephen's death, but I'm still not 100% convinced.   It sure as heck wouldn't surprise me.   I think Randy is guilty of some stuff, too.   And probably JMM, the other brother.