Menu

Reviews of Lovesac sactionals (or something similar)

We’ve sold our home and will be moving in a few weeks to an apartment, and then move again next year out of state. We’re getting rid of most of the furniture as it is old and worn out. Lovesac is intriguing because it looks like it would be a lot easier to move than a regular sofa and could be configured to fit in whatever spaces we land in. 

Anyone have a Lovesac or something similar? Are they actually comfortable? 

We have a Home Reserve couch and I really like it, but it's in the basement and mostly for kids and teens. Ours has storage under every seat which is awesome! It's easy enough to wash the covers too. I'm a small person and I find it comfortable but DH is larger and he doesn't like it as much. He wouldn't want it as the main one he uses. He's not super big- I guess normal sized? Or maybe he's just picky, but I like it. It's firmer which is good for me and it isn't as deep which I like because I feel I fit better. The kids and I always have to cross our legs to sit comfortably on the big cushy couch. 

• Like 1

I don't know anything about Lovesac specifically, and I am super late to the modular sofa thing, but I accidentally picked one up for my basement and LOVE it. I stumbled across it in the scratch-and-dent section of a local furniture store and bought it on a whim because I needed a pull-out bed for my basement. Since it comes apart, I was able to transport it in 2 trips in the back of my Highlander. It is not super comfy, but it is comfy enough and gets more use than any other seating area in my house. And, yes, the fact that it can be easily reversed or reconfigured is fabulous. I actually needed it set up backwards from the way it was in the store, and that was a piece of cake.

• Like 1

We have a modular sectional don't remember the brand.  It is amazing we have moved it several times and used it in many ways.  Me and the teens can move it between rooms and floors easily.  Right now it's in the movie room when it's a bunch of kids they will usually arrange it pit style and sit in a big pile.

• Like 1

We just bought a Lovesac for our guest room/ TV room! I got it at the strong recommendation of a friend, who also loves it. With the addition of a mattress topper, it becomes a reasonably comfortable bed--at least as comfortable as a pull-out couch. The seating is a little shallow, but you can set it up to be deeper if you turn the seats the other way. 

I'm really happy with it, and I kind of wish it were our main couch ... except that I don't really love it aesthetically because it's blocky and a little blah. However, it's comfortable and SO versatile, and I think it'll hold up well to our destructive kids and pets. Plus, it would have been a lot easier during our move-every-two-years phase.  

• Like 1

I have a Love Sac Sactional. I liked that it was so easy to move and is reconfigurable. I needed something that could easily go up some stairs that had turns in it. It would have been extremely difficult with a long sofa. What really impressed me was that all the coverings zip off and can be washed in your washing machine. When I bought this, my children were still very young. You can buy new coverings to change out the old ones if you want to change the look, too. The cushions are comfy, but I never fit quite right. I’m 5’2” so I’m used to not fitting perfectly on a sofa. The bases are rectangles so you can configure them deep and they are too deep for my short legs. You can configure them the other way and have a longer sofa, but then it is actually a bit too short for me. I just sit sideways until I’m comfortable. 

Later down the road, we bought our first ever sectional for our primary residence. It’s very comfortable and has recliners that I love. It’s fits lots of people. The sections lock together or come apart to move around. 

Of the two, I prefer the regular sectional. I can’t take off the fabric and cushions and wash them, but the sectional is definitely more comfortable and can be taken apart to be moved around although the pieces are a lot more heavier than the sactional. 

Sactional back cushions can be stored under the bases for easy moving. They are perfect for walk up apartment moves.

• Like 1

So, I had no idea they had actual stores. Dh informed me we have one not too far so we went last night and really liked them. They looked and felt way better than I expected! The standard fill felt better to us since it is firmer. We found out we can get deep seating for my tall Dh and regular for my short self, so that was nice. We’re going to go for it and hope it holds up well to all our moves and use.

• Like 1