Menu

Spring Break destination with teens?

Just Kate

I’m trying to plan a vacation for spring break 2022 and need some help getting started. My family is dh and me, with two kiddos who will be 18 and 14 next March. I want to plan a really fun vacation before ds graduates and we have always wanted to do something for spring break. 

We haven’t vacationed a ton, but normal vacations have been visiting family in MN or going to Myrtle Beach (family has a house there which always made it convenient). One summer we went to the Outerbanks and allowed each kid to take a friend (that was a super fun vacation). This summer we are going to Myrtle Beach again, but this time for dd’s dance team. We are allowing ds to take a friend since dd will have her dance friends there. 

I would like to come up with some options to give to the family. Something fun! The beach would be great, but not just lying around on the beach (everyone would be bored and kids would wish they had friends with us). Something that will keep us busy and active  

I was thinking about maybe an all-inclusive resort somewhere like the Caribbean (this is what dd is requesting). Would there be enough fun activities for all four of us? I would love to hear of other suggestions. Any ideas?

I am looking forward to planning this trip with dh and the kids. We have all been so focused on our own lives lately and it will be great to have something exciting to share. 

My vote is Hawaii. Full disclosure: I’ve never been. 🤣 but I’d love to take my kids (ages 10, 12, and 15) and they’d love to go! (It was our tentative vacation plan before covid hit)

ETA: oh! Colorado is super fun for being active! Have you guys been there? Although, spring would probably be too cold for the things I’d recommend. I’m usually wanting HEAT by spring time, so I immediately thought ‘Hawaii!’. 

Edited by mmasc

40 minutes ago, mmasc said:

My vote is Hawaii. Full disclosure: I’ve never been. 🤣 but I’d love to take my kids (ages 10, 12, and 15) and they’d love to go! (It was our tentative vacation plan before covid hit)

ETA: oh! Colorado is super fun for being active! Have you guys been there? Although, spring would probably be too cold for the things I’d recommend. I’m usually wanting HEAT by spring time, so I immediately thought ‘Hawaii!’. 

Oh how I would love to visit Hawaii! But $$$, ya know? Colorado would also be great. We live in WV and haven’t traveled much in the western part of the US. But we need to do this trip in March, and like you, I want to vacation in warm weather. 

• Like 1