Menu

Let's Tackle Thursday Together

TravelingChris

Hi! We all survived!  We had so much rain here that it kept the tornadoes from forming

Did

Took shower 

Breakfast

Had dh change wet/dry bandage

On my way to Coumadin clinic 

To do

Clean up stuff I messed up this morning 

Take rest of morning meds

Make new medication list for doctors 

Make new weekly medication list for me

Call hospital to have them correct my phone number and also to get name of what company is giving me my portable wound vac

Call said company and demand my wound vac

Communicate w home health nurse

Message my rheumatologist 

Taxes 

Teleheath w counselor 

• Like 3

Good morning!

Glad you didn’t get scary storms, Christina. We got rain, but I went to bed around 9:30 and didn’t hear anything. 

SO glad that spring has arrived here!

Today:

Gas in my car!  

Call mom and see if she’s had time to sign the paperwork.  If so, drive out to get it.  

Maybe lunch with a friend? Tomorrow. Hope it warms up bc we’re sitting outside!

Conference call with mom’s case mgr. this afternoon.  

Appointment later this afternoon.  

AHG PiPas in the evening. Remind Dd to take snacks!  

AHG things: campout, follow up to a registration that seems not to have gone through, door code, badge prep.  more campout stuff to do. No badgework today. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

So glad you two didn't have tornadoes! Whew!

My day today is:
....coffee
....prep K/1st grade stuff for Monday
....school with DS
....leftover soup for lunch, ??? for dinner 
....sew/quilt since I watched TV all day yesterday
....check on laundry status, do what needs doing
....after dinner, finish Stranger Things season 1 with the boys
....remember that I planned to declutter my dresser drawers.....contemplate doing that today.....
....whatever else I remember/think of....

• Like 3

The sun is coming out and I am going outside for a walk! Maybe to the large park nearby where I can be on trails instead of just around my neighborhood? 

Y’all it’s my birthday (55!) and Dh is bring a super jerk this morning. Stressful times in our family lately which are not going to magically improve any time soon (though we are making some good steps in the right direction), so I didn’t have high expectations, but it still makes me sad. My MIL, SIL, and several friends have called, texted, sent cards etc. 

I love my Dh, but he is having a hard time right now. Depressed? Pls pray that he will see a counselor. We have had a good one recommended by several different people and our church will help with the cost, but Dh will not go. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

Good morning! 

No tornados here, either! I was awake off and on all night checking the radar, so I slept in this morning once I saw things where going to be okay. 

Still no crash report available yet, so we have to come up with a plan about tomorrow because I have to get to co-op. Our insurance agent is advising us to not start a claim on our insurance since the other is at fault, and I don't have his information yet. 

• meals
  • tutor 1 student in person and possibly a second one
  • prep for co-op tomorrow
  • figure out our car situation for tomorrow 
  • laundry
  • pay bills/update checking 
  • Like 3

Howdy, happy Thursday!

Today is a day for prioritizing and getting it done.

I have one conference call, which could ruin my whole day, as calls often do.  Wish I wasn't so weird.  But ... positive thinking!

Done:

• Did not sleep great.  Was worrying about some reports I promised yesterday.  Finally got out of bed around 6am.
  • Sent out 2 client reports, yay!
  • Kids up, ready, and off to school - early - yay!!
  • "Yoga etc" and TKD form practice.
  • A tiny bit of housework.
  • Caught up on emails, calendar, news, social media, and checked kids' grades.
  • Working on coffee 3.

To do:

• Lots of client work.
    • Prepare for conference call; survive conference call.
    • Prioritize the following:
      • Info to auditors.
      • Reviews of other auditors' reports.
      • What urgent-ish tasks am I forgetting??
      • Filing stuff I'm done with to reduce the clutter in my inbox and my brain.
  • Pick up the kids after activities; make them:
    • Clean out my car (we have to drive their friend in it tomorrow).
    • Clean up their messes downstairs, their bathroom, and their bedrooms.
    • Catch up on homework due.
    • Get ahead on tomorrow's homework so tomorrow evening is free.
    • Watch yesterday's online church service?
  • Probably do some laundry.
  • Pay some bills.
  • A little reading.
  • Use up some old freezer food.
  • Walk??
  • Like 4

Happy Birthday, @ScoutTN; I will pray for your DH.  Depression is so hard, especially when the person experiencing it won't seek help. I'm sorry he's being bratty on your birthday, though, too. ((((hugs))))  Praying for the stress to lessen as well. 

Playing on the computer, and saw a post that the WM near us had lots of vaccine slots available, so was able to schedule for my good friend (the great-grandma of the 4 yr old) who hasn't found an appointment yet, for her or her significant other. They'll be back in town next week, so got them set up. Whew! Such a relief. Her daughter got hers finally, so that's all the eligible folks in their family. Thank goodness for FB Messenger, setting up her account and such was complex! (she's in Mexico right now, so when I sent her the link, it converted to the MX site.....)

Time to get to work now.....

• Thanks 1

Happy birthday, Scout!! I hope you can make it into a fun and good day!   I'm sorry your dh is having a difficult time! Dh has dealt with some depression issues a long time, and he won't go see anyone about it, either. 

Dh is off to work (got to go in at 11). I've made breakfast for ds and myself. Dh is going to see if he can ride with someone to work. Fingers crossed! 

And our agent is seeing if they can get the crash report. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Finished prepping K -- bit of.....nostalgia is definitely not the right word, but....seeing the stuff I prepped last year for Virtual School when we didn't return after Spring Break....wow. Gosh, but I'm glad to be in person this year, and grateful so far it's been safe. 

• Like 3

I survived the conference call, yay!  And got some more client work done.

I went downstairs to eat ... plan was to dig in the freezer and find some old food nobody else was ever gonna eat.  I ended up pulling everything out and reorganizing the whole freezer.  Not a big thrill for most people, but that is the kind of thing that makes me happy!

I have more to do, but I think I might just lie down a bit first.

• Like 3

Finished school with DS, then gave him some tylenol (he was able to volunteer yesterday and get his vaccine today, and now his arm is sore)

Thawed meat for dinner (pork chops, with roasted beets and.....something)

I *should* go up and pin my quilt. I *want* to either take a nap or watch the one other show I still have waiting on recordings. I will carry up/sort/start laundry as needed and then decide. 

• Like 3

Happy Birthday ScoutTN!!!! I am three years older than you.  And yes, I am sorry about your husband\s reaction.  My dh also suffers from depression and also refuses to get help.  It is very hard on everyone in that situation.

I am having super problems getting my portable wound vac.  They haven't even shipped.  I called and gave them my correct phone number and email address and I just found out that my dh got a text on his phone and called the guy and he was emailing the document to his email and he will be home soon to sign it and they will then supposedly ship it overnight to me.  I really, really, really need it because it was helping healing in the hospital but now the healing has stopped (at least it isn't getting worse).

Oh and I had a good Bible Study with the aphasia group online.  My Coumadin visit was good and my blood was only slightly too thin.  I also had a good telehealth visit with my counselor.  

Oh and a tufted titmouse came to my office window and demanded food so yes, I fed the birds too.

And my home nurse will be coming too to change my dressing and leave more supplies.

• Like 3

Oh, Chris, I hope they get the wound vac to you soon! How frustrating! 

Sorted/started laundry, folded what was waiting while watching TV, signed up on V-Safe about my itchy face, had a healthy snack

Going to go with DH and walk the dogs here in a bit, and still may get time to go sew

• Like 3

We both got the document to sign so we both did it.  It was before even 4pm so they should have been able to ship it today.  I really do need it.  While the wound hasn't gotten any deeper, it has gotten larger since I was in the hospital.

Instead of taxes, I have to do Instacart now.

• Like 3

Christina, I am glad that is working out for the wound vac. I pray it will help it heal completely!   I'm 54, so we're right there close together, too. 

Reader, we love Stranger Things! It's amazing how much good stuff there is out there to watch. I am currently re-watching The Last Kingdom, and dh and I watch Madam Secretary. We will watch an episode or two of Modern Family when we want something funny. 

I am just about done prepping for tomorrow. I had not even looked at the chemistry. Thankfully it is just heat capacity problems, so nothing difficult. 

I tutored my regular student and the extra student. 

Dinner was garlic Texas toast pizzas. We are loving it for the crust though probably not the healthiest option. I saute veggies then we make them how we each want. 

• Like 3

AHG was good! Our location got moved from the original plan, but it all worked out. The girls had fun and got lots done. 

Attended a Zoom meeting for Ds’ school on the way home. 

Got a snack, cleaned the kitchen, packed a lunch, made tea. 

Next up: read!

• Like 2