Menu

would you live near a dump?

ktgrok

8 minutes ago, Seasider too said:

Lol I was thinking with 6 at home you might need one at the new place anyway. 😂

LOL! I am very much looking forward to having a master bedroom that is actually a space I can retreat to. Right now, our master is DH's office. He works at least 9am-7pm most days, and then goes back in there in the evening, sometimes past midnight. 

Him having an office, and us a bedroom, is a huge luxury. Plus two floors, so he and I can be upstairs and kids watching tv or whatever downstairs! 

19 hours ago, J-rap said:

I think I'd prefer not to live near a landfill, but I don't really know too much about what it'd be like.  But speaking of trains, I LOVE the sound of trains, especially at night.  We live near a big old inner-city train depot and the trains pass by right on the other side of the river from us.  We hear them coming and going all night long, and I purposely keep our windows open at night to hear them.  Although they don't wake me up...  It's just if I happen to be awake that I hear them.  

Me, too!  I love to hear trains at night when I'm trying to go to sleep.  There's just something so soothing about the sound of the whistle... :)

Of course, I live a mile or so down the road, not right next to the tracks.  That would maybe change my perspective...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cintinative said:

I would be curious who owns the forested land south of the landfill. If that is owned by the same group and they plan to expand there, that would be a serious concern.

This is what I was going to say. We have a nearby community going through this right now -the landfill wants to expand; people are fighting it, but I’m pretty sure the landfill will win ultimately. And I’d be concerned that is what is going to happen to the forested land in your map

• Like 1

On 3/7/2021 at 3:22 PM, ktgrok said:

Plus two floors, so he and I can be upstairs and kids watching tv or whatever downstairs! 

No comment, but I'm just going to let you reflect on this line from your signature for a moment: 

"Baby bug", 3 yrs - being cute, destroying the house, making messes

😁

On 3/9/2021 at 12:06 AM, katilac said:

No comment, but I'm just going to let you reflect on this line from your signature for a moment: 

"Baby bug", 3 yrs - being cute, destroying the house, making messes

😁

HA!!! I meant more the bigger ones, if the little one was asleep already. Although she clogged up a toilet while I was gone today, and I fished another roll out of a bathtub, and she squirted water all over the house, etc...just in the last few hours. 

Edited by ktgrok
  • Haha 1

So..this is a theme with this builder, lol. So far, I've found their communities by a dump, near the county jail/juvenile detention center (and next to the bail bondsman), and next to what I believe are high voltage power lines and a substation or something. 

Google maps is now my friend...

• Sad 2

54 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

So..this is a theme with this builder, lol. So far, I've found their communities by a dump, near the county jail/juvenile detention center (and next to the bail bondsman), and next to what I believe are high voltage power lines and a substation or something. 

Google maps is now my friend...

UGh.   Probably they get that land at a deal right? And then in turn can pass on the savings to the buyers.  I am glad you are looking at the maps, it would suck to not know and then be living in the house and realize you live by things you don't want to. 

You are looking at a few different builders right? 

19 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

UGh.   Probably they get that land at a deal right? And then in turn can pass on the savings to the buyers.  I am glad you are looking at the maps, it would suck to not know and then be living in the house and realize you live by things you don't want to. 

You are looking at a few different builders right? 

Yes, I'm looking at all of them, pretty much, lol. I'm in love with floor plans I can't afford, or ones in areas I don't want to live, lol. 

• Like 1