Menu

Let's Tackle Sunday Together

TravelingChris

Good morning! We slept late because we were signed up for the late service, but church is cancelled due to icy roads. A thin coating, but treacherous. My church is on a huge hill and the salt truck couldn’t get up the shorter, straighter driveway! It slid down into some shrubs! My kids are still asleep. I have bacon in the oven and am enjoying my coffee. Not at all sad to have a day to stay snuggled at home. Glad we got out to do things yesterday!

I’ve called my mom at the hospital and she’s doing fine. Much better with a good b’fast since the only food she got yesterday was a little broth and jello at supper time. I expect the weather (snow predicted for tomorrow) will slow down her move to rehab by a day, but that’s fine. 

Not any work sort of tackling here today, but I intend to do these things:

watch a church service ✔️ 

take a shower ✔️ 

build a fire ✔️ 

read books

bake cookies - or get kids to do this? ✔️ 

Dinner will be ham n bean soup, cornbread, and green salad. Nope! I forgot to soak the beans. This will be tomorrow’s dinner.

Maybe watch something tonight? Need to get my PBS Passport p’word to work properly, so we can watch the episodes we’ve missed. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! 

We went to church and out to each lunch. I pray all of you fare well during this winter storm. We rarely have snow south of Atlanta, so we'll have cold rain the next day or so. 

• take down the Christmas decorations
  • work on lesson plans for this week (math classes, tutoring, and co-op classes)
  • dinner will be snacking and leftovers 
  • take breaks from work to watch some stuff 
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 3

hi all! 

We got our trees wrapped up this morning, it's now 31* and falling, and not expected above freezing until sometimes Weds (with then another round of winter storm Weds/Thurs). 

It's been sleeting/"freezing rain" all day, so ice is now forming on roadways, etc. (the blankets we put out this morning, on the trees, are already frozen solid from the very light rain it's been raining).  DH went out and tied/staked them against the wind, to hopefully compensate for the extra weight. 

No plans for the coming days....work on sewing, work on school stuff, hope the power stays on and the pipes don't freeze and all of that. They're predicting ice and then snow on top of that for our area, and with the whole state under this winter storm warning, they're warning of rolling black outs as demand is likely to exceed production (electricity), particularly the coldest part Monday night/Tuesday morning. 

I'll keep checking in each day as long as we have power 🙂 we've done all we can to prep, so now it's just hunker down and keep warm. 

• Sad 3

We are now in winter storm warning.  Supposed to get between .3 and .5 of an inch of ice and up to 3" of snow and we will be in this until Tuesday and they said don't expect clear roads until Wed and to expect power outages/

I did all I said I would do except the tasty dinner yet.

Also, did a session with Aphasia people plus online coffee hour too after church

to do

Dinner

play games

watch maybe Netflix or maybe tv with dh

read

• Like 3

We had a very thin layer of ice this morning - yesterday’s fog froze. Early this evening it began sleeting, then snowing, then back to sleet. Yuck! No one is going anywhere in Nashville for several days, I expect. I hope there is some real snow for sledding tomorrow. 

I spent most of the day reading a book and enjoying the fire. It’s rarely cold enough here for a fire in the fireplace.

Dinner was ok. Dd’s cookies were very good! I cheated and had half of a small one and some milk. We watched several episodes of Lark Rise to Candleford.

Going to finish my book now.

Stay warm!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ScoutTN said:

We will need pics, of course! 

Turns out it is too early to choose (the pups are 3 weeks old), but we had fun holding all of them.  🙂

We planned the visit because it was a 3-day weekend (sort of).  We will probably plan another visit for when the pups' personalities are more apparent.

• Like 1