Menu

In your experience . . .UPDATE

LAS in LA

. . . do IDOC requests correlate with acceptance letters? I've seen other discussions of this and wondered what people on this board have experienced.

UPDATE: In our experience, there is no correlation. We received an IDOC request from one of two CSS schools where DS applied. He was denied at the requesting and non-requesting schools. (No surprise as we weren’t expecting an offer from either).
Just thought we’d add a little info to the collective wisdom. 🙂

Edited by LAS in LA

It's a way for colleges to request transcripts of tax forms, W-2s, etc to put together financial aid packages. We received one  through the College Board after filling out a CSS profile for the requesting college.

I've seen opinions that a request means the college is strongly considering the student's admissions application; others say this is not the case. I'm wondering whether people on this board have received IDOC requests, and were (or were not) offered admission.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LAS in LA said:

It's a way for colleges to request transcripts of tax forms, W-2s, etc to put together financial aid packages. We received one  through the College Board after filling out a CSS profile for the requesting college.

I've seen opinions that a request means the college is strongly considering the student's admissions application; others say this is not the case. I'm wondering whether people on this board have received IDOC requests, and were (or were not) offered admission.

Thanks.

I’d not heard of that before so I guess none of the schools that DS was accepted to needed it.

I don’t think admissions and the financial aid usually work in tandem though. I think they are totally separate processes. 

• Like 1

DH is telling me the IDOC request is just something that the student is asked to complete after submitting the CSS. DS only received the request from one school (Northeastern) but he didn’t bother with it because the portal indicated they already had all the required information. Apparently the IDOC is from College Board, as a final verification from the student that the financial info is correct.

He was accepted. 

• Like 2

All it means is that your financial aid application meets the criteria for which the financial aid office requests IDOC info, and many financial aid offices just request it from everybody. IDOC doesn't have much to do with acceptance, but your acceptance may be dependent on how much aid you require at need-aware schools.

• Like 2

Thank you for asking this. I got an email request for more information from the financial aid office at Stanford (Sacha is applying to Stanford Online High School) and I was wondering whether I should read into it. I was hoping that they wouldn't waste their time working on financial aid issues for a student they planned to reject, but it sounds I shouldn't try to read the tea leaves. Another month of waiting....

• Like 2

• LAS in LA changed the title to In your experience . . .UPDATE