Menu

I haven't been grocery shopping without ALL six kids in nearly two months.

I'm beginning to hate grocery shopping. :(

Actually I haven't been much of anywhere without all six kids in nearly two months.

That's all I wanted to say. I just needed to say that before I went off the deep end. :rolleyes: Back to school.....

Jo

say a special prayer for you! The good Lord must think highly of you to have entrusted you with quite a few little souls!

Is dh floating around on one of the world's oceans or is he just not nearby when it comes time to grocery shop?

:D

Yabbut, you're grocery shopping, with six kids, in HAWAII!!!!! Sorry, can't feel sorry for ya' as I sit here in MI where it hasn't hit 25 in at least a week!

Okay, so I'm kidding. I absolutely refuse to go grocery shopping with more than one child, but I've been with four before. It's so hard!! I do feel for you! Is there a teenager in your neighborhood who could come help while you shop with "only" a couple of the kids?

I was at Target this afternoon with all 6 of them, and then ...... The Library!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Did you do it at the commissary where the bagger ladies asked you in accents "these all yours? Ohhhh, and another one coming?" "Yes! they were all mine last week when we hauled two carts of groceries through here. Nothing has changed." ;)

Ahhhhhhhhhh!

Feel better now? I so understand. I think I am coming to Hawaii and we'll go stay in the Navy Lodge together. What do you say?

I'm beginning to hate grocery shopping. :(

Actually I haven't been much of anywhere without all six kids in nearly two months.

That's all I wanted to say. I just needed to say that before I went off the deep end. :rolleyes: Back to school.....

Jo

Hey, at least a couple of those kids can read. You can give them their own lists. Or do what I do, and send them on fly away teams to get all the stuff I forgot back in aisle 3 and 4.

shopping is a horrible necessity to begin with.

I guess I'm kinda odd this way (among others;)), but I enjoy grocery shopping. I remember as a child, being so excited to go to the commissary. I mentally tallied the bill and loved to guess at the total. (Influenced, perhaps, by "The Price is Right"?:p) I've always had this preoccupation with food. I worked at Safeway during high school. I competed in the food marketing division of DECA (Distributive Education Clubs of America), focusing on grocery business. And I love, love, love my natural foods co-op, where I do almost all my shopping. It's a gathering place, a place where I connect with people. I can feed my whole family at the deli there for a pittance. My little guys absolutely love the play area. My older guys appreciate the samples of smoked salmon and such. I'm there at least every week and I never tire of it! I think finding a warm, welcoming place to shop goes a long way toward enjoying the experience of selecting food. Farmers' markets are so fun, for example! We're a wealthy society with a proliferation of resources at hand. It just seems so wrong to me to view grocery shopping as something negative.

Dh is indeed in silent service beneath the ocean's surface. ;)

He is great about giving me time away when he's able, he just ain't been able. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your prayers. Sometimes it helps release my frustration-valve to "say it" out loud.

Jo

though I will never know what life is like with 6 children. One of my friends has 7 kids and she is one refined, beautiful (inside & out) lady! I picture you similarly. :D

What type of havoc does that wreak of your grocery bill? I loathe grocery shopping in the best of circumstances, but find it painfully annoying when the kiddos join me in the 'fun'. Not to mention, as soon as I turn around junk food magically appears :P

DH finishes grad school in 2 months. I'm counting the weeks before I can go shopping with just one or two kiddos.