Menu

Let's Tackle Saturday Together

TravelingChris

My plans for today may be trunkated by the horrible sleep I got last night  but here is what I planned out yesterday:

borrow my sisters truck and fill with items for a trip to the local dump (dh is on his way to get it now)

Wash the stinky dog.

minor cleaning/spiffing on the main floor

finish decluttering my closet and pack away summer clothes and/or continue decluttering the laundry room.

memorial service then Vespers - I'm in charge of virtual recording tonight so I can't skip.

• Like 1

Good morning!

Lovely fall day here and I hope to be outside in it some!  

Filing

Computer chores Some done.

Walk or hike  

Maybe get to watch Ds play flag football? I haven't been to any games this fall because of restrictions on the number of spectators. Nope. Sad. 

AHG things  

Maybe some yardwork? Nope. 

Read and relax.

Dinner is ham, Brussels sprouts casserole, and roasted root veggies. Changed my mind. Dinner is leftovers.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 1

I don’t wanna. Lol.

I cancelled the few errands I had left on my list because the fact that it’s Saturday didn’t fully sink in until about 9am. Saturdays are peopley.

It’s all about threatening our bodies with diabetes today.  Gotta help the boys decorate their cake pop eyeballs and make spooky shaped rice crispy treats. We already made brain popcorn balls last night. Still have to hollow out pumpkins and hope dh is home in time to help the kids carve because he’s so much better at it than I am.  And I’m still turning way too much candy into tissue paper ghosts. Hot dogs need to be turned into mummies.

Other than that, there’s plenty of cleaning that needs to be done.
Dinner is fettuccine alfredo because my mother made it one Halloween night when I was a kid, and I assumed that was what one eats on Halloweeen, in the same way turkey is for Thanksgiving and ham is for Christmas.

• Like 1

Is Jean passing the torch?

We moved the dining room to the living room and vice versa. I honestly don’t think I can tolerate it much longer. The lighting in the living room is wretched. As much as I love doing school by the fireplace, I’m going to lose my mind. Resisting the urge to direct kids moving things while he runs errands.  

Laundry

Wipe kitchen cupboards

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlsdMama said:

Is Jean passing the torch?

Sort of. She has quit the tackle thread because someone mentioned something to do with covid. She wanted the thread to be 100% free of covid related content. 

Some have dropped off in support of her, others perhaps for other reasons.

Christina stepped in to be the initiator. 

Last spring, my pastor said that unity in the midst of covid might prove as much of a challenge as the virus itself. He was right. 🙁

• Sad 2

30 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

Sort of. She has quit the tackle thread because someone mentioned something to do with covid. She wanted the thread to be 100% free of covid related content. 

Some have dropped off in support of her, others perhaps for other reasons.

Christina stepped in to be the initiator. 

Last spring, my pastor said that unity in the midst of covid might prove as much of a challenge as the virus itself. He was right. 🙁

oh no!  I didn't realize that had happened.  I dont join in very often, but when I know I need to make an effort I try to come here.   I'm sorry she's left this thread.  Ugh... I hate that topic too.  

So far, we've filled my sister's truck and unloaded everything in its proper spot at the dump.

I've done laundry and hung it out to dry.

Got to get the truck back to my sister's house and that takes an hour, then it will be time to get ready for church.  I dont know if I'll get much else done today. 😞  

• Like 2

Didn't get to Dollar General since when we pulled in, there were st least two police cars, six police and two  persons being questioned.  

There is a reason I haven't entered one of those for over 20 years.  But I want goodie bags and even though we are going to Hobby Lobby later, I figure they will only be selling Christmas stuff.

I  think I will leave z bowl of candy out plus hand sanitizer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PrincessMommy said:

oh no!  I didn't realize that had happened.  I dont join in very often, but when I know I need to make an effort I try to come here.   I'm sorry she's left this thread.  Ugh... I hate that topic too.  

So far, we've filled my sister's truck and unloaded everything in its proper spot at the dump.

I've done laundry and hung it out to dry.

Got to get the truck back to my sister's house and that takes an hour, then it will be time to get ready for church.  I dont know if I'll get much else done today. 😞  

It really wasn't a topic.  Just s gripe about how one poster lives in s state which keeps changing rules making it difficult for her tasks because you can't plan and made a joke about it.

My only rule is civility and we have swats had that on the thread.

And everybody, if I haven't started the thread any day, feel free to start it yourself.

• Like 2

Went to CVS

Watched football

went to Hobby Lobby w/dd2 and they did still have goodie bags left plus I bought a new fall colored tablecloth and some doodads for fall (I will go back Monday and get more if they haven't gotten all of Fall out-  I need new fall leaves since mine are 10 years old and falling off,etc

Decorated

filled goody bags

making dinner and watching football again=---now Alabama but before Indiana vs Rutgers and probably one of the last plays that Rutgers made was the most fantastic play that I have ever seen in football and the announcers too-  7 passes with a 55 yard touchdown and one of those passes was backwards, etc and that is all in one play!!!!!!

• Like 1