Menu

Facebook gurus....a question

Chris in VA

If you unfollow someone, I know their posts do not automatically come up in your feed. My question is,  if a mutual friend comments on the unfollowed friend's post, does it come up on your feed then? 

I can't find the answer anywhere. I would like someone to totally unfriend someone so they do not see any posts but that is not happening. 

3 minutes ago, Chris in VA said:

If you unfollow someone, I know their posts do not automatically come up in your feed. My question is,  if a mutual friend comments on the unfollowed friend's post, does it come up on your feed then? 

I can't find the answer anywhere. I would like someone to totally unfriend someone so they do not see any posts but that is not happening. 

Wait, you don't want to see their posts or you don't want to see theirs?

I have it set up so I don't see when any of my friends comment anywhere - unless it is on my own posts or something I'm following or have commented on myself. KWIM? 

I know it is possible to see when your friends post a comment, but I find that feature creepy and annoying, so I turned it off.  It's been a while since I did that so I don't remember how to do it.  But, it sounds like that is what you're asking about. 

I've only unfollowed a few people but I haven't seen their posts pop up because of the above. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Wait, you don't want to see their posts or you don't want to see theirs?

I can see that the second part of my post is confusing. Ignore it. 

My question is, if a person unfollows someone (and therefore no longer sees the unfollowed someone's posts automatically), will the unfollowed someone's post be visible in the feed IF a mutual friend comments on the unfollowed someone's post?

10 minutes ago, Chris in VA said:

I can see that the second part of my post is confusing. Ignore it. 

My question is, if a person unfollows someone (and therefore no longer sees the unfollowed someone's posts automatically), will the unfollowed someone's post be visible in the feed IF a mutual friend comments on the unfollowed someone's post?

I believe so. Hang on, because I think it just happened this morning, just have to double check that person A is indeed unfollowed.

ETA: inconclusive. Definitely not if a friend likes unfollowed post, as I just discovered something I should know!

Edited by arctic_bunny

1 minute ago, athena1277 said:

You will see if they comment on a mutual friend’s post, but not if a mutual friend comments on the unfollowed friend’s post.

Ah good. I do not want the unfollowed friend's posts coming up on a certain someone's feed.