Menu

So how are you clothing your children this Spring?

Condessa

Talking about clothes for growing bodies: 

My new neighbor is pregnant with their first and due in July. She's just getting truly pregnant looking, and yesterday I saw her outside wearing her DH's basketball shorts and a big tshirt. I'm not judging if that's what she likes to wear (heck, I dress like that most days)...but I did wonder if it was out of necessity rather than preference. 

I’m good for my kids who can just wear ripped pants from last year or I already have next size up stuff stashed away for. It’s still cold here so they are still in their winter stuff. I try to stay one year ahead for the little ones. The teens don’t need anything.

my problem is me- I’ve been doing keto since Dec and lost 35 pounds- my clothes are falling off me. Got some leggings from eBay and yesterday grabbed a pair of shorts and capris at Sam’s (ours can still sell clothes) when I went out for groceries for the first time in 3 weeks. T shirts are just going to have to be baggy. But I’m not at work anyways (teacher). Will need a new wardrobe next fall I guess.

13 hours ago, BusyMom5 said:

I thought I should update how my orders turned out.  

2 year old- ordered 2 dresses- both look a bit big but I'll keep both for now.

9 year old- ordered 4 dresses from Target- all the same size.  All are too big, but 3 are wearable.   She says they have plenty of room.  Who cares.  I also bought 2 prs of sandals- same size.  1 pair fits, the others are ridiculously big.  Overall I'll just return 1 dress and 1 pr of shoes.

15 year old- can fit in the dresses for the 9 year old, lol!  She got 2 dresses.  I dont really like either,  but one will work so I'll just return 1.

Do your kids wear dresses all the time? 

32 minutes ago, hippiemamato3 said:

Do your kids wear dresses all the time? 

Most of the time, yes.  It is their choice, not a religious requirement.  2 of them have sensory issues and do not like jeans, they will only wear 'comfy' shorts - the ones with elastic waistbands taht look like denim but are really just knit. No elastic touching them.  They ride bikes, play in the mud- we live on a farm.  Everything is done in a dress.  The 2 year old hasn't voiced an opinion, but seems to be choosing dresses and she's potty training, which is easier in a dress!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BusyMom5 said:

Most of the time, yes.  It is their choice, not a religious requirement.  2 of them have sensory issues and do not like jeans, they will only wear 'comfy' shorts - the ones with elastic waistbands taht look like denim but are really just knit. No elastic touching them.  They ride bikes, play in the mud- we live on a farm.  Everything is done in a dress.  The 2 year old hasn't voiced an opinion, but seems to be choosing dresses and she's potty training, which is easier in a dress!

How fun! I wish my daughter still liked dresses! 

DS isn't growing much anymore and he has lots of T-shirts and a few pairs of shorts and sweat pants. DD went through her clothes before all this broke out and I ordered the few items she desperately needed. She could use some shorts for summer, but she might be OK if I keep up with the laundry. If necessary, I'll order online.