Menu

Do you like all the Zoom tv shows now?

mommyoffive

What are you thoughts on them?  

Do you like them and watch them? 

Do you not like them and are not watching those shows any more? 

It started with the morning news shows like Today.   I don't love it, but will still watch because I want the news.   I have watched the late night  Comedy shows and haven't liked them so I stopped watching.  I watched SNL last weekend and probably won't go out of my way to watch it again.   But it was ok.  

Right now my youngest is watching Sesame Street that is set up like Zoom meeting.  I wish they were just playing reruns.   

I don't watch morning news shows. We watch local news at night and most of them are working remotely except for those reporting live or from the location of a news story. The only shows broadcasting from home that I've been watching are the occasional Tonight Show or Jimmy Kimmel, both coming from their homes. I think the interviews they're doing via Zoom (or whatever they use) are more intimate than when they're in a studio so that's kind of cool. I don't know how much of having their kids around is a conscious decision and how much is just the normal result of working from home but regardless I think it's cute. I watched SNL last week and thought it was okay, which is what I always think of SNL even when it's live - some good stuff, some duds. 

• Like 2

For seasame street...I wonder if they are doing that to help normalize zoom meetings for kids as likely even younger kids are seeing parents or older siblings that on zoom meetings...or even seeing friends and grandparents that way.

• Like 2

The CMA awards (or some country awards) aired this week. I enjoyed seeing the singers and their spaces. It's not something I would've watched normally with all the glitz and glamour, but I liked it this year. Shania Twain had her horse with her when she sang and a couple of times had to push him away from her guitar. I also enjoyed seeing some of their families. It was more intimate.

8 minutes ago, wilrunner said:

The CMA awards (or some country awards) aired this week. I enjoyed seeing the singers and their spaces. It's not something I would've watched normally with all the glitz and glamour, but I liked it this year. Shania Twain had her horse with her when she sang and a couple of times had to push him away from her guitar. I also enjoyed seeing some of their families. It was more intimate.

Oh wow, I missed that. Sounds fun!

I find it weirdly fascinating to look in everyone's homes. And you get these weird peeks into them. Like, Colbert's son doing the sound and how he waves his foot from the sofa when Colbert mentions him. Or once, the dog came into the shot and they did a bit and you could see what a giant mess the rest of the living room is with wires and lights for them to tape at home. Dh and I have been calling out how many people really want us to know they own books. They all have books behind them.

I thought the SNL was actually really good. They haven't decided if they'll do it that way again. But I thought it was actually pretty good.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ottakee said:

For seasame street...I wonder if they are doing that to help normalize zoom meetings for kids as likely even younger kids are seeing parents or older siblings that on zoom meetings...or even seeing friends and grandparents that way.

I saw a photo where they really are doing it via zoom-as in, the puppets have been dropped off so they can work from home. I think it's less normalizing and more that it's the only option. And, realistically, one reason for doing it this way is probably to fulfill contracts, both for the employees and for the networks. 

Edited by dmmetler
  • Like 2

I love watching the late night comedy shows. At first it was very strange and awkward (when they broadcast from the studio with no audience). It's better from their homes because you're not expecting that audience reaction to jokes. So yeah, it's not my favorite format but I've adjusted. And I do appreciate the when the hosts provide extra commentary about the perils of working from home, it helps me feel less alone.