Menu

IKEA availability these days

Trilliumlady

I tried to place an order yesterday for some raskog carts and plastic boxes for organizing along with a few other little things. Everything in my cart was out of stock when I went through the buying process but hadn’t said they were out of stock when I’d been adding to my cart. Anyone else experiencing this with IKEA recently?

if so, any guesses on when they might restock? I don’t shop there hardly ever so for those that do would you project it to be quite awhile or should I just keep checking daily? 

any other IKEA wisdom you want to share?

IKEA is closed until further notice.  https://www.ikea.com/us/en/this-is-ikea/newsroom/an-update-on-our-response-to-the-novel-coronavirus-covid-19-pub50ffa2cf  

Even though the majority of our stores have been closed since March 16, we have been able to provide income stability for all co-workers with 100% pay through April 18.  

Given that our store locations must remain closed until further notice, we have made the decision to furlough hourly U.S. co-workers in store locations and our Service Office effective April 19, 2020.”

Yes, IKEA retail stores are closed.  I was able, a few weeks ago, to place an order for some Ivar wine racks, to add to our basement storage (for the CV wine stash, ha!).  They won’t ship until May, but there was obviously some limited shipping happening, at least a few weeks ago.

5 hours ago, Trilliumlady said:

I tried to place an order yesterday for some raskog carts and plastic boxes for organizing along with a few other little things. Everything in my cart was out of stock when I went through the buying process but hadn’t said they were out of stock when I’d been adding to my cart. Anyone else experiencing this with IKEA recently?

if so, any guesses on when they might restock? I don’t shop there hardly ever so for those that do would you project it to be quite awhile or should I just keep checking daily? 

any other IKEA wisdom you want to share?

Were you signed in with your account before creating the order? If not, that may be the problem. IKEA ships a lot from local stores. So, when you put your address in at checkout, that is when it checked for stock availability. 

1 hour ago, Tap said:

Were you signed in with your account before creating the order? If not, that may be the problem. IKEA ships a lot from local stores. So, when you put your address in at checkout, that is when it checked for stock availability. 

Ah, an account.  Good to know. I have a feeling from the deep recesses of my brain I might have made an account 3 or so years ago.....  Hmm.  Will try to figure that out, thanks.  Very helpful.  Also helpful to know others have been getting emails that they are still shipping.

My cousin works for IKEA, at the corporate level. We talked on Easter. They are still doing online but since that hasn't been their focus in the past, they are dealing with some growing pains. And they shut down one warehouse in the U.S. due to workers with COVID.