Menu

Pray right now please

Melissa in Australia

We haven’t had any rain. The fire is just very slowly creeping, which is amazing as we have gale force winds today. They have a lot of resources on it (we hope), helicopters, bulldozers, firefighters, the Fiji army with rakehoes . There are lots of dry swampy heathlands that are within the fire area and are burning as well.

we are completely frustrated by the lack of information and have turned into crazy people checking wind speed, satellite maps, radar weather maps,  hotspots, tuning into scanners etc multiple times a day.  I think DH and I can recite what the wind is going to be doing every 2 hours until Tuesday next week.

All we really know is the fire ground is still burning and is slowly creeping. 

• Sad 23

On 2/8/2020 at 4:09 PM, Melissa in Australia said:

We haven’t had any rain. The fire is just very slowly creeping, which is amazing as we have gale force winds today. They have a lot of resources on it (we hope), helicopters, bulldozers, firefighters, the Fiji army with rakehoes . There are lots of dry swampy heathlands that are within the fire area and are burning as well.

we are completely frustrated by the lack of information and have turned into crazy people checking wind speed, satellite maps, radar weather maps,  hotspots, tuning into scanners etc multiple times a day.  I think DH and I can recite what the wind is going to be doing every 2 hours until Tuesday next week.

All we really know is the fire ground is still burning and is slowly creeping. 

Did you get rain this weekend?  Hoping you’re still ok.  

• Like 1

One of our neighbours told dh they have put in  100metre bulldozed  firebreak. To try and stop the westerly spread of the https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=2ahUKEwjG7ueN2MjnAhWJXCsKHYFRBJgQwqsBMAF6BAgKEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FDELWPGippsland%2Fvideos%2F227363048260974%2F&usg=AOvVaw1PR72z5JFBSSXk3kqY6k7D

if this link works it shows the devastation at Cape Conran. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

6 hours ago, Melissa in Australia said:

We got 8 ml rain. Not enough to put fires out. But apparently the fire behaviour is suppressed.

There are 4 peat fires in dry swampy heathland. So they have set up carbon monoxide monitors. It stinks

Ahh disappointing

we had a bad seaweed dire once (not close to us) and the smoke was unbelievable.  I imagine peat would be worse

• Thanks 1