Menu

See SAT scores for a school?

• 2 weeks later...

The free, no-membership collegeresults.org has a really friendly interface to the federal government's IPEDS (Integrated Post-secondary Education Dataset), which includes SAT and ACT (including 25th & 75th percentile scores) under admissions and allows easy comparisons between different institutions. (SAT is under "admissions".)

The slightly less-friendly IPEDS website also has this information, sometimes a bit more updated than the information you find on collegeresults. 

https://nces.ed.gov/ipeds/find-your-college

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Farrar said:

FYI, I've noticed that sometimes Niche's are off. I assume they're just older ones. But still probably a fine starting point.

I think that sometimes it's people who self-report the scores to the website rather than what is actually reported by colleges. I don't know if this is the case with Niche but I think it is with some of them.

• Like 2

On 12/16/2019 at 2:09 PM, Farrar said:

FYI, I've noticed that sometimes Niche's are off. I assume they're just older ones. But still probably a fine starting point.

Niche sometimes has older data. At least, that's what I noticed for student populations at a couple of the Us my DD was applying to last year. One grew a ton (Niche says 5900 undergrads & the number is now 7600+) & one had shrunk by a couple hundred (Niche reports 5134 vs this year's 4939) so it was obvious how old the data for those numbers were.

ETA: It was annoying in a way that Niche was using old data because DD used their undergrad population numbers to narrow down her search list. The two schools above were, at the time, very close in number of undergrads according to Niche. When she found the up to date enrollmemt at the former, it was a bit of a shock. It all worked out, but this is a good cautionary tale. Always verify third party website info if you can!

Edited by RootAnn
Added an eta
  • Like 1