Menu

Do you let the ramen sit in the slaw recipe?

Familia

I prefer it crunchy, so I keep the dressing separate and mix it through the salad right before serving.

I have relatives who prefer it when the dressing has made the noodles soggy, so I leave the leftovers with them, since I don't like it that way.

So I think it is a matter of preference. Since you aren't sure which way you prefer, I would suggest making it crunchy. Then try the leftovers when they are not crunchy. And then decide which way you want to serve it from then on. My relatives who prefer it soggy still enjoy it when it's crunchy; they don't turn it down in the crunchy form.

• Thanks 1

As an update, I will say that DH thought it a little too crunchy with mixing right before eating.  Of course, when we have had it at potlucks, even being mixed immediately before the event (leaving home?) would mean that the noodles had a little more softening time.  Also, there just wasn’t time for the noodles to soak up the flavorful dressings, so it sat more on the bottom of the bowl. 

So, there you have it, way too much opinion of the experience with ramen slaw=)

Thank you, everyone!