Menu

Science for a 1st and 7th grader

desertflower

I wouldn't attempt to teach them together at all.  If she is short on time I think it would be far preferable to get something independent for the 7th grader, skipping the time-consuming demonstrations (aka experiments) and read through the level 2 read-and-find-out science series with the 1st grader.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2019 at 8:29 PM, desertflower said:

What programs would you recommend to teach science to a 1st and 7th grader?  She would like to teach them simultaneously. 

I have kids with this exact age difference.  My advice is not to combine.  Whatever she does will be too easy for the older one and too difficult for the younger one.  She not be doing anyone any favors in this situation, including herself.  It will be much easier to teach them separately.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I highly highly highly recommend Layers of Learning. Each unit includes a history, geography, science and arts topic with activities for all ages. So....if the science topic was planets, for example, there would be book suggestions, info and activities to apply to the different ages. One topic = different levels of work. 

https://layers-of-learning.com

Edited by LindaOz
  • Like 1