Menu

Humor in the latest WTM Press group email (re: "Last Day to Save")

Beth S

I think the WTM Press sends out weekly emails.  I've attached a screenshot.
The subject line was "Last Day to Save 40%"

I just happened to read the last item on their list: 

The Foolproof Guide to Getting Your Children Not to Leave Dirty Dishes in Their Rooms

When I clicked on it, it linked to Wikipedia's entry on "Utopia".  
So true.  Such a wonderful way to make me laugh this morning.  😀😀😀

WTMPressEmail.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

Do you ever read the fine print? That always makes me smile. Here is the one from the grammar email:

Nit-picky language our Lawyer asked us to include: This special offer cannot be combined with other special offers, promotions, coupons, discount codes, or Bitcoins, nor can it be traded for spices from the mysterious East. ..<snip>.. Every time someone uses it's as a possessive, a star falls from the night sky and lands on a baby seal.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, SusanC said:

Do you ever read the fine print? That always makes me smile. Here is the one from the grammar email:

Nit-picky language our Lawyer asked us to include: This special offer cannot be combined with other special offers, promotions, coupons, discount codes, or Bitcoins, nor can it be traded for spices from the mysterious East. ..<snip>.. Every time someone uses it's as a possessive, a star falls from the night sky and lands on a baby seal.

Someone needs to explain this to my cellphone’s autocorrect and word prediction!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pen said:

Someone needs to explain this to my cellphone’s autocorrect and word prediction!

I have the same issue with my phone and it's annoying me greatly. If the spellchecker is too dumb to know grammar, eliminate the whole thing.

• Like 3

I just saw that email and was coming here to post about it. I wanted to complain about not being able to buy multiple copies of the book for all the moms I know. I've learned to always read the fine print because there's usually something funny. What a great way to get people to read your advertising emails!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mom2scouts said:

I just saw that email and was coming here to post about it. I wanted to complain about not being able to buy multiple copies of the book for all the moms I know. I've learned to always read the fine print because there's usually something funny. What a great way to get people to read your advertising emails!

Agree.  I’m not on the list, maybe I’ll get on!

I sure would like the Foolproof Guide to not leaving dirty dishes...!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1