Menu

Mild panic moment last night

Night Elf

I get home from work sort of late and enjoy a cup of coffee. However, it has to be decaf at that time of night. So I made a cup of regular coffee and didn't realize it until I sat down with it prepared and ready to drink. So got up, dumped it out, and started a new pot of decaf. I had to turn the machine off while I refilled it and turn it on again. Well, nothing happened. The machine wasn't working. So I figure maybe it was still too hot from the first run so I turned it off and let it sit for 5 minutes then turned it back on again. Still nothing happened. I told DH he was going to have to go to Walmart right then and get me a new coffee maker, not that he would have. I felt so disappointed because I really love my coffee at certain times of the day. So I opened the machine and looked inside. Dumb me had forgotten to put the water in!! No wonder it wasn't working! So I filled it with water, turned it back on, and voila! Got coffee. Yay!

Oh, and the dinner DH prepared was yummy, but the coffee caps it off so my dinner didn't feel complete without the coffee.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Does it need to be in a particular mug too?

I have special mugs for each of my coffees of the day. To mix that up would just be WRONG. 😄

The handle broke on my morning coffee mug (the most important coffee of the day, no less) last week, but I'm still using it, handle stumps and all, because that's my morning mug. My husband tried to file down the sharp edges of the stumps for me 🙂  My mug lives on!

I've got a tshirt that says "But First ... Coffee" I wear it to work and usually get a favorable comment or two each time. 🙂

I learned how to make coffee with the power out. I boil water on my gas stove and pour it over the grounds in the coffee maker. It drips just like it does when it has electricity. I remember the first time I thought about that, I was ecstatic. I didn't even mind the power was out. I had coffee and my Kindle. Yay!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, chocolate-chip chooky said:

Does it need to be in a particular mug too?

I have special mugs for each of my coffees of the day. To mix that up would just be WRONG. 😄

The handle broke on my morning coffee mug (the most important coffee of the day, no less) last week, but I'm still using it, handle stumps and all, because that's my morning mug. My husband tried to file down the sharp edges of the stumps for me 🙂  My mug lives on!

Oh my goodness, I thought that was just something I did. And my kids really messed me up on Mother’s Day because they got me three new coffee mugs. And they said specifically one was for my breakfast coffee (it says Coffee & Jesus on it, Mommy, because you drink coffee when you do your devotions) and the other is for my afternoon coffee (it is a Marvel comics mug that changes color when something hot is in it) and a travel mug that has an automated stirrer. Fortunately, they are good mugs (big and heavy), but it kind of threw me for a loop there.

• Like 2