Menu

Resource for making life-size poster of internal organs with 1st grader?

tld

Years ago I used a book called, My Body.  The author is Patricia Caratello.  It is basically a book with patterns of life size organs that kids can cut out and do just as you have you have described.  It's a paperback, consumable type and not overly expensive.  Have fun!

10 minutes ago, Wallflower said:

Years ago I used a book called, My Body.  The author is Patricia Caratello.  It is basically a book with patterns of life size organs that kids can cut out and do just as you have you have described.  It's a paperback, consumable type and not overly expensive.  Have fun!

We used this too. It worked well. 

The body book is great but it is a lot of cutting for a first grader depending on the first grader.

my sons coop class colored a t-shirt that has all the internal organs pre printed on it. And that was really cool. Looks like you can get them at sciencewear.net for $5. They used the guts one

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

The body book is great but it is a lot of cutting for a first grader depending on the first grader.

my sons coop class colored a t-shirt that has all the internal organs pre printed on it. And that was really cool. Looks like you can get them at sciencewear.net for $5. They used the guts one

Agreed on the too much coloring and cutting with young elementary kids, especially boys. I used colored paper to print them out on to eliminate the coloring and I cut them out for my kids. My kids placed and glued them. My goal for this particular project was for them to have a memorable way to study the human body on a basic level, not practice cutting or coloring skills. A lot of prep work for sure but I can tell you that my 21 year old son still remembers doing the My Body book project fondly. :-)