Menu

Who's going to tackle Sunday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

I crashed last night.  So tired!

today:

up and at ‘em: shower, wash hair, coffee, read, dry hair (ugh)

church—help with 4&5 class today

eat out at our favorite pizza joint

home with kids while dh has church mtg

allllll the stuff I didn’t finish/do yesterday 

Edited by hopeistheword
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Margaret in CO said:

1:00 a.m

I have cattle tomorrow, as dd has to haul her new Charolais heifers up from down valley, and dh has to cover church.

Already put in over a mile this morning--bad weather and a new calf. Dd came up and we got them in and the calf dried off. They'll spend the night in the shed and we'll tag in the morning. HUGE heifer calf. Might want to save this one. 

I just finished the kids' letters and then I'm headed to the tub. 

Good night all!

Your life amazes me! When do you sleep?!?

• Like 4

Good morning!

Margaret, your posts bring back many childhood memories of growing up on a farm. Boy, I don't miss all the hard work that entailed! Taking care of my little horse farm is like a walk in the park in comparison.🙂

• plan my week, update my calendar, make lists of things to do, figure out dinner for the week
  • straighten up the garage
  • still need to order dog food and kitty litter
  • work with horses
  • roast turnips, beets, onions
  • make almond milk
  • read a lot
  • dinner: Thai curry Brussels sprout soup

• Like 5

After coffee, I am off to the airport to pick up dd2. I am not sure what to do later today- garage needs to get started (dh is trying to keep control of that space- he is welcome to it- but it is a disaster).

• coffee/paper
  • laundry-started
  • head out to airport
  • home
  • more laundry
  • general pickup
  • handwork
  • read
  • write if the muse comes

Have a great day!

• Like 5

Morning all!  Another day on the couch, I'm getting super restless.  A lot reflection today regarding family...we will have to cut contact with members of dh's family.  No explanations, just lots of prayers for dh, me, my kids.  It's going to be rough.

To do:

coffee, attempt to shower, soak foot, meds, wrap up and elevate

watch youtube and Netflix...I became obsessed with watching other people garage saling yesterday online.  Weird, I know, but fascinated with what they did with the stuff.

no clue for dinner, dh will probably bbq something

try hard not to break my carb limit, so hard when I can't do anything but sit here

laundry needs to get done, vacuuming (dd or dh)

Have a great day!

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, readinmom said:

Morning all!  Another day on the couch, I'm getting super restless.  A lot reflection today regarding family...we will have to cut contact with members of dh's family.  No explanations, just lots of prayers for dh, me, my kids.  It's going to be rough.

Prayers and hugs, readinmom.

Man, I wish we could cut contact with dh's family. We actually did for about twenty years, but are having to deal with them again now while we try to get better care for FIL. They are extremely difficult and I cannot wait for the situation to be resolved so they are once again out of our lives.

So yeah, I totally get it.😞

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Howdy!  Today we have to do most of what I listed to do yesterday.  I don't know when I was thinking I'd get time to do it.

Yesterday's Stars & Stripes event was a success from my perspective (my kids were only helping).  I took a bunch of photos which I figured might be appreciated by the family, since they were busy entertaining guests.  My kids had a blast with the other kids, doing the scrapbook and playing on the playground.  Got good and muddy.  Came home and had a shower and watched an episode of Little House on the Prairie.  Other than maybe an hour of homework in between activities, no real work got done.  I was beat at the end of the day.

But, I felt great being able to file a bunch of "follow up" emails from my inbox, relating to the scout stuff.  My personal inbox is starting to look like a normal person's.

Today - Done:

• Kids had to be acolytes at early (8:30) church, meaning getting up and ready and actually being early.  We got there about 8:20, which was not really ideal, but they got the job done.  The most stressful part for me was the fear that I would not wake up.  I set numerous alarms and placed them in 4 different locations, requiring me to get all the way out of bed multiple times to shut them off.  (The struggle is real, folks.)
  • Confirmation test - one kid finished, the other kid will have to finish next week.  (I completely forgot to make them do this yesterday.)
  • Sunday school / confirmation class.
  • Kids starting homework etc.
  • Mom catching up on emails / social media / news.  Also calendar & filing.
  • A little reading.
  • Kid is off on a practice run.  Good for her!  Actually I think she is just testing her mobile music crutch but ....

To do:

• Yoga etc?
  • Some sort of lunch.
  • More work / homework.
  • Kids to run a 1 mile race, first in a 5-race series.
  • More homework & work.  Also test study.
  • All the laundry.
  • Some educational videos & read-alouds.
  • Fun read-aloud.
  • Bills.
  • More reading.
  • Whatever else gets done.
Edited by SKL
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

I crashed last night.  So tired!

today:

up and at ‘em: shower, wash hair, coffee, read, dry hair (ugh)

church—help with 4&5 class today

eat out at our favorite pizza joint

home with kids while dh has church mtg

allllll the stuff I didn’t finish/do yesterday 

I decided to stay in town with the kids instead of going home.  We’re doing a little more shopping and making a library run. 

• Like 3

Dd and I went to church and had lunch. 
Guys got back from campout. Tent and other gear is in my family room for a couple of days until we get a sunny day to dry everything thoroughly.
Laundry started! 
Dh took dd to make piano recordings for music camp application.
Corned beef for tomorrow is simmering. 
Vacuumed

Dinner is salmon cakes, green beans and some other side.

To do:
Dinner prep
Call a friend
Read!
Watch a movie with kids?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

I decided to stay in town with the kids instead of going home.  We’re doing a little more shopping and making a library run. 

So, 3+ hours later, I’m home to do all the stuff I didn’t do yesterday. 

• Like 3

Well, Kid 1 won the 1-mile race ... only 2 boys were ahead of her, but the girls are ranked separately.

Kid 2 ... well she decided she isn't doing this again.  She was 2nd to last.  Not enough stamina and she lost interest when she realized she was not a contender.

So we are back to where we were last fall, basically.

The kids are being pretty bad about getting their homework done.  Just realized it's past 8pm and they have a ways to go.   Ugh ....

• Like 4