Menu

What's with the ads?

macmacmoo

Sandals with arch support

My sandals bit the dust and my arches are starting to get really picky about the shoes I wears. Which sandals (the ones with Velcro strap) have good arch support do you recommend? 

I’ve never gone wrong with Tevas

ETA: I’ve had a pair similar to this: https://www.teva.com/women-sandals/elzada-sandal-lea/1099273.html#start=10&cgid=women-sandals

and one similar to this:

https://www.teva.com/women-sandals/sirra/1019240.html#start=24&cgid=women-sandals

and liked them both equally well.

Edited by hopeistheword
  • Like 2

Birkenstocks or Chacos. I have both and switch back and forth during the summer. Both are comfortable with good arch support.  My Birkenstocks are probably 3-5 years old and still great. The Chacos are probably 2? years old and in great shape too. 

• Like 2

Just now, Bambam said:

Birkenstocks or Chacos. I have both and switch back and forth during the summer. Both are comfortable with good arch support.  My Birkenstocks are probably 3-5 years old and still great. The Chacos are probably 2? years old and in great shape too. 

Birkenstocks are my second favorite.  I had Chacos but found them to be a bit too much for my arches. 

I have Tevas, Chacos, and Keens.  None of them have good enough arch support for me.  I can stand in Chacos for a period of time, but none of these provide enough support through the walking motion to make them walkable for me .  I've had better luck with Vionics and Abeo.  I have a pair of Abeo sandals that I are my go-to all summer.  (But none of these are as good as my Brooks adrenalines with custom orthotics.)