Menu

My foster puppy!

ktgrok

Due to some sticky issues with her previous owners I've been asked not to share about her on my regular social media, but they don't come here, and I have to show her off to SOMEONE!

So, this is our sweet 11 month old foster weimaraner - she's a blue, and she's sweet, and she's LOVING life with a yard and other dogs and attention and medical care!

8EziupmAT9axyf0DNnCcmQ.jpg

• Like 24

No, eyes are amber. But against the darker coat they are really striking. My husband has nicknamed her "crazy eyes", lol. Her first 24 hours or so here she was SO wound up on adrenaline that she had huge pupils in those big light eyes against the dark coat and it was FREAKY, lol. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MercyA said:

You are a saint for adding her to your already very full plate. 💕Lucky girl!

Weimaraners are my favorite breed, so I'm just selfishly eating up all the weimaraner kisses. My "heart dog" as they say was a weimaraner. She's been gone 13 years and I still miss her. This one is very different in many ways, but also similar, and so I'm enjoying her every minute she is here. 

53 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

You are awesome for caring for her. 

That is the kind of dog we have.  Love her so much. 

Aren't they the best? I mean, not EASY dogs, lol...but man are they worth it. 

This poor girl was living in an apartment, no yard, owners working long hours, stuck in her crate all the time. Oh, and she was left long enough she was peeing in her crate (has NEVER done that here) and laying in it. She has a skin infection that they sort of treated but not really that I'm working on, and we are working on obedience, but mostly we are just teaching her how to be a weimaraner - teaching her to run and play and be silly. 

• Sad 4

5 minutes ago, Ktgrok said:

Weimaraners are my favorite breed, so I'm just selfishly eating up all the weimaraner kisses. My "heart dog" as they say was a weimaraner. She's been gone 13 years and I still miss her. This one is very different in many ways, but also similar, and so I'm enjoying her every minute she is here. 

Aren't they the best? I mean, not EASY dogs, lol...but man are they worth it. 

This poor girl was living in an apartment, no yard, owners working long hours, stuck in her crate all the time. Oh, and she was left long enough she was peeing in her crate (has NEVER done that here) and laying in it. She has a skin infection that they sort of treated but not really that I'm working on, and we are working on obedience, but mostly we are just teaching her how to be a weimaraner - teaching her to run and play and be silly. 

My girl is easy, because she is old.  We got her when she was 7.   She will go a walk or short run, but mostly she wants to just sleep on the couch or lay in the sun.   She does do some doggie crazy things every now and then, but mostly she is an amazing dog. 

1 hour ago, mommyoffive said:

My girl is easy, because she is old.  We got her when she was 7.   She will go a walk or short run, but mostly she wants to just sleep on the couch or lay in the sun.   She does do some doggie crazy things every now and then, but mostly she is an amazing dog. 

Ha! I always told people when they asked about my weims that they settled down nicely around age 7! Guess I was right!

And really, this girl is super easy compared to my field lines weim, plus she had 6 weeks of doggy bootcamp at 6months old (trainer was a jerk who blasted her way too high with corrections.....which her owners then never reinforced, so I'm starting from scratch as far as teaching her what TO do, but he did break her of any bad habits....still hate that he was so rough on a puppy!)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ktgrok said:

Ha! I always told people when they asked about my weims that they settled down nicely around age 7! Guess I was right!

And really, this girl is super easy compared to my field lines weim, plus she had 6 weeks of doggy bootcamp at 6months old (trainer was a jerk who blasted her way too high with corrections.....which her owners then never reinforced, so I'm starting from scratch as far as teaching her what TO do, but he did break her of any bad habits....still hate that he was so rough on a puppy!)

I lucked out then.  She is just a perfect fit for our family.  I think getting older dogs is great.  Are you thinking about keeping her?