Menu

Who’s going to tackle Thursday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Thursday will mark the 5th day in a row of all the local public schools being closed due to weather, my kids always find out, and then all hope of doing school work is basically out the window because of attitude issues.  However, it is really not 'go play in the snow' weather either.  We are just trying to make it through. I am 99% certain that we are not going to be able to go to the 'already re-scheduled once' valentines exchange tomorrow either, so that is going to be fun.

Goal: make it through the day without yelling or resorting to daytime drinking :-)

• Like 6

Good morning!  Packers arrive in 2 hours, DH in about 4.  Still some things to do before they get here.

-coffee
-finish packing up my suitcase of clothes
-cook frozen lasagna and put it in fridge for lunch
-make sure I have disposable eating utensils out to use

Once DH arrives

-go to library
-have DH look at washing machine (it is making a lot of noise on spin cycle)
-leave everything else for him to deal with, LOL

I'm assuming my router and things will be packed up today so this might be it until we reach SC on Sunday.  Hope everyone has a great day!!

• Like 3

Good morning!

Happy Valentine's Day!❤️

Pink and Green, I hope everything goes smoothly with your move! Look forward to hearing from you again once you're settled!

On the topic of school closings, the schools around here set up their calendars with the expectation that there will be several days missed due to weather, but this year has been a record setter. Some of the districts are extending their school day by half an hour for the rest of the year to make up the missed time, so they don't have to go way into the summer.

• school w/dd
  • office work (deal with the two piles on my desk & work on finances)
  • hay delivery?
  • dust & vacuum basement
  • clean kitchen light fixtures
  • clean windows in sunroom
  • go to post office
  • get groceries
  • dinner: maybe pick up Japanese, or I might make the veggie fried rice I was going to make last night
  • watch hockey tonight

• Like 4

Good morning! Good luck on moving day, Pink and Green! We have not had a single snow day this year! Usually we only have one anyway, so this is not too unusual.

We got good/bad news at the dr yesterday. One, that it can be fixed and the pain won't get better without surgery. Two, the pain will go away after surgery and she should be better than new, if she follows the plan. 

It's out of network for us, but honestly after researching this for about six months, this is the only surgeon I would let near dd2. 

So timing and $$ need to be worked out.

I have pick up ds3 from tennis- will post a list when I get back.

• Like 4

Howdy!  How is it Thursday already?!  I need to hand wash / air dry my kid's cheer uniform for tomorrow morning!

• Up working in the wee hours.
  • Slept some.
  • Kid up early to finish homework.
  • Kids off to the school bus with valentines, school forms / donations, gym clothes ....
  • Cleaned kitchen, bathroom, and some clutter.
  • Sent out some work early, to keep the hounds at bay for a bit.
  • Some personal texts / calendar work & filing.
  •  Caught up on emails, news, social media.

To do:

• Lots of work reports.
  • Laundry.
  • Kids have TKD, but the driver will take them.
  • Kids' work.
  • Whatever else gets done.

• Like 5

I hope y'all with bad weather get a break soon!

I hope packing day goes well, Pink and Green! Will they be there more than one day?

Jen, I am glad you have a plan. Insurance can be such a frustration when it doesn't really help with what you need and makes the whole process so much more complicated. 

Today:
School  
make dinner early?  
Shop Consignment sale  
Ds to an activity  
AHG with Dd doneo

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

OK - time to regroup and write down what I did.

I had a very full-bodied English Breakfast tea to keep me awake during Coffee Shop Schooling.

algebra done and graded

geometry done and graded

literature done and graded - including the essay.

world history done

Japanese done

I forgot - I also did grocery shopping

And I took out the recycling.

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 4

All done with this busy day.

Zillions of things to do tomorrow, but winding down now. Dh is playing Fernando Ortega songs on the piano and kids are in bed.

Reading here, then The Wind in the Willows.

Just got the Center for Lit Valentines freebie, a download of their audio discussion of Pride and Prejudice. 

Trying not to eat the chocolate my kids got from everyone and everywhere today! 

• Like 2