Menu

any cute & cheap Valentine ideas to give to many kids? simple diy fine

katilac

I'd like to give Valentines of some kind to my students (school & tutor, so 50+). Ages 4-12, I've got the older kids covered. I'll list what I've thought of so far. 

Bookmarks: I can make personalized ones easily, I have all the stuff, but kind of boring. 

Paper purses and satchels: I have all the stuff, but idk if I want to make 50 of them, lol. But I know they would love this. 

Themed envelopes, put a few stickers inside. 

Safety pin beaded pins for the older half (cheap mostly bc I have leftovers from something else). 

I will keep adding! 

• Like 1

Are you above using candy? Are you on Pinterest?

I found this pin there-- https://www.classyclutter.net/classroom-valentine-ideas/

You could do the glow sticks (from the Dollar Tree) and say, I'm glowing with pride at having you for my student! or something like that. 

I like the starburst ones, too. Or just buy a regular valentine and add a lolly--that's what I did for my preschool class! lol 

• Like 1

My DD cheers competitively, and so far, I’ve made something for them for each competition

1)-bag tag with their name on one side and team name on the other (2” disc, printed round labels on my computer, sealed)

2) door sign for the hotel (printed and laminated, with some stickers added)

3) macrame friendship-type bracelet with inspirational word charm

4) little plastic earring box (actually a plastic snap together Christmas ornament that I had leftover from a prior craft project)-they have to take off jewelry for practice/competition.

For our next one, which most are flying to, I’m doing suitcase tags, and I’m making beaded bracelets for the final competition. 

Also, check “swaps” for ideas-both Girl Scouts and cheer teams (and possibly other sports) sometimes do these. They range from glittery decorated clothespins and safety pins with a tag telling what team they come from up to pretty elaborate, but are usually fairly inexpensive to make since they’re made in quantity. I added a picture of my favorite that DD got this weekend. 

619A0556-BA5A-4FE3-B0D6-0DD6A028719E.jpeg

• Like 3