Menu

For those who are curious about my road to recovery

Night Elf

From bulimia. I officially stopped weighing and tracking on December 5th, but have weighed myself probably 4 times since then. I have found that when I weigh, I respond by restricting. Either I'm happy with my weight and want to restrict to maintain it or it's higher than I want it to be so I want to restrict to lose again. Well, I weighed myself yesterday. I was about where I expected to be and was fine with it and had no desire to track and restrict. So since Dec. 5th, I have gained 8 lbs. and I'm okay with it. I know I'll still gain some more but it's coming on slow enough for me to handle it. I still have late night binges that leaves me regretting them in the morning. I find that those days are days I don't eat decent meals. I eat lightly, usually because I'm not hungry, but by the time it hits about 9:00 pm, I'm ravenous. So I'm trying to avoid that by eating breakfast and lunch even if I'm not overly hungry. I also keep a snack at work with me to eat in the afternoon when I feel like I'm lagging. 

I stopped seeing my counselor. Once again we were just talking in circles, i.e. the same stuff every visit. She thinks I'm doing remarkably well and told me her door is always open even if I just want to come for a single visit to talk about my progress. She's been a great help.

So that's it. 🙂

• Like 23