Menu

Your favorite Android apps?

Noreen Claire

I have a $10 credited towards apps in the GooglePlay store for an Android app for my phone. What are your favorite, most-used, can't-live-without apps?

FWIW, I keep a paper shopping list, don't meal plan (not for lack of trying), already have a fertility tracker, use Audible, and use paper planner/journal.

What else is there? What an I missing?

dropbox - I also have it on my computer, so photos automatically upload.

before menopause - period tracker

key ring - for all my membership cards.  I dont' have to take them with me, I just pull out the phone, open the app and they can scan the barcode

fitbit - I can set alarms on my fitbit, and I don't have to have an alarm clock.  it will also tell me who is calling/messages

plant snap AND what's that flower - a new one, I can take a picture of a flower, and it will tell me what it is.  haven't decided which one I like best.

I also have some specific to my church ones (scriptures, directories, schedules, hymn books, etc.) that I use all the time

our local power company 

one bus away - it started here in seattle to show where your bus is, but you can also use it as a trip planner.  I don't use it much, but my college students use it all the time.  I used it after a seahawks game when they didn't add any extra buses (how stupid is that?).  we split the taxi fare to our park-n-ride with another couple.

state dot - while maps gives traffic, wsdot has ferry schedules too.

mobile apps for the airlines and hotels I use.

amazon - I can add things as I think about it.

Magnifying Glass.  - a new app I haven't used much - but should use more. 

• Like 1

Most of my apps are free. I just went and looked at my purchase history and unfortunately I don't use most of the ones I paid for. My favorite apps are free.

Three exceptions are

Gentle Alarm - I really liked this alarm clock app and used it regularly until we got an Amazon Echo. Now I use Alexa to wake me up but I still use Gentle Alarm when I travel. 

This American Life - I had expected this app to be free like most of the NPR show apps but it wasn't. It was worth the $2.99 price tag though because I listen to it weekly.

Nova Launcher Prime - One of the things I like about Android is that you aren't stuck with the stock launcher that comes with your phone. This is one of my favorite launchers. There's a free version but I don't regret upgrading to the paid version. 

Edited by Lady Florida.
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...