Menu

Buy this product...

happi duck

Buy Tanka bars at Whole Foods!  Stocking stuffer?  Last minute gift?  Studying US history?  Any time! 

Tanka bars are delicious buffalo and cranberry bars made by a native run company on the Pine Ridge reservation.  They have lost ground to a bar owned by a huge food company.

This is a great product and a company that deserves support!  Worth trying and choosing over competitors.

https://www.nativebusinessmag.com/tanka-bars-whole-foods-business-is-at-stake-theyre-not-backing-down/

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Pen said:

Thanks!  Favorite flavor suggestions?

We all like the original flavor but it's probably due to being the first we ever had.

We first tasted Tanka bars on the Pine Ridge reservation years ago not realizing it was fairly new at the time.  I was glad to see them become easier to buy when I saw them at Whole Foods.  I used to have to order them directly from the company.

It's sad that Epic bars are being credited with being the first...they clearly are not in relation to Tanka bars plus the concept is Native American from way back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We don’t normally go to WF.  There is a small local chain or a few individual groceries that I prefer to support.

I can ask if one of the groceries I go to has or can get the Tanka bars. Well, one is vegetarian and won’t.  But 2 might.

• Thanks 1