Menu

December Frugalistas

Baseball mom

Dh SOLD his truck!!!!!!!! Yahoo and titled to new guy before new year so it won't be on our taxes for next year. That money went straight to dh's mom for the "new" old truck.  Now, we have $3500 left to give her, no taxes as his name was already on the title (long story short) it will cost us $24 to get that switched over.

Yesterday dh was driving in his old- 94 Civic- and the moon roof literally flew out of the car while he was going down the road. We've made the decision to go ahead and get rid of it. It's not worth it anymore to keep, it still runs but maintenance and little repairs aren't worth it on a car worth so little when it doesn't have air, not counting the taxes and insurance on it- granted is not much but we were mostly keeping it for ds to drive. He's going to put the moon roof back in (miraculously found) and sell it as is, looks like we might be able to get $1k out of it, we'll see, main goal is to get enough to do some maintenance for the 'new' truck- replace hoses and such, which will just be a couple hundred and put the rest in savings. Hopefully he can get it for sale by this weekend, he just doesn't have the time to mess with it, especially not going to college. 

Bunk bed is supposedly sold and doing deal on Thursday.

We've spent more than I'd like lately but there are some victories too, so I'm going to focus on that and fingers crossed 2019 is a good one.

• Like 3

Going through the house and squirreling away things for a spring yard sale as we find them. There’s really not a whole lot to get rid of, either worth selling or not. If I don’t end up with enough for a yard sale people will stop at, I might try to find a friend that will set up shop with me. 

As far as a no spend January, I think we’ll be doing that without trying, unless we see a really good sale on wire shelving units to replace the nasty wood ones in the basement.

Oh and I’ll be spending some on supplies for a project to make a former kitchen/laundry area upstairs into a more useable room (junky cabinets are out already.) This house used to be a tiny upstairs/downstairs duplex. Skim coat and paint. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Baseball mom said:

Man this month I fell off the frugal wagon and got run over by it.  Gotta get back on that wagon.

My mom gave me money for Christmas.  She wants me to buy something I want/need that I normally wouldn't buy and not just use it for bills and groceries 

On to 2019!  Clean slate. 

I hope you spend the the money on yourself and get something nice. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, soror said:

Dh SOLD his truck!!!!!!!! Yahoo and titled to new guy before new year so it won't be on our taxes for next year. That money went straight to dh's mom for the "new" old truck.  Now, we have $3500 left to give her, no taxes as his name was already on the title (long story short) it will cost us $24 to get that switched over.

Yesterday dh was driving in his old- 94 Civic- and the moon roof literally flew out of the car while he was going down the road. We've made the decision to go ahead and get rid of it. It's not worth it anymore to keep, it still runs but maintenance and little repairs aren't worth it on a car worth so little when it doesn't have air, not counting the taxes and insurance on it- granted is not much but we were mostly keeping it for ds to drive. He's going to put the moon roof back in (miraculously found) and sell it as is, looks like we might be able to get $1k out of it, we'll see, main goal is to get enough to do some maintenance for the 'new' truck- replace hoses and such, which will just be a couple hundred and put the rest in savings. Hopefully he can get it for sale by this weekend, he just doesn't have the time to mess with it, especially not going to college. 

Bunk bed is supposedly sold and doing deal on Thursday.

We've spent more than I'd like lately but there are some victories too, so I'm going to focus on that and fingers crossed 2019 is a good one.

Yay for sell the truck.  Good vibes for selling the car fast. 

I hope 2019 is great for you. 

• Like 1