Menu

Common app-can you write specific counselor letter for each college

19 hours ago, EKS said:

Is it possible to do that if you make multiple accounts for the same student?

Why would you want to do that?  It's so much work to fill out one common app, and the whole point is that all the main/major stuff is in one place, and you just do the extra questions and maybe an essay if your college requires it. 

46 minutes ago, Calming Tea said:

Why would you want to do that?  It's so much work to fill out one common app, and the whole point is that all the main/major stuff is in one place, and you just do the extra questions and maybe an essay if your college requires it. 

I was just wondering if it was something that could be done if a student wanted to customize each application (or groups of applications).  I wouldn't do it myself.

I would say that if you wanted to customize that much to use the institution's own application if available. I would suspect that technically it is possible to make multiple common application accounts for the same student but that there might be a "rule" against it (on the common app itself) and/or it would be time consuming (as Calming Tea pointed out) and cumbersome as there are multiple logins and you'd likely want multiple email addresses for the student, at least. If there were any recommenders, they'd presumably have to upload letters to two different CA accounts unless you had separate recommenders for separate colleges (which is possible without the multiple CA accounts).

• Like 2

On 11/24/2018 at 7:12 AM, EKS said:

I was just wondering if it was something that could be done if a student wanted to customize each application (or groups of applications).  I wouldn't do it myself.

Some colleges have supplemental questions that require a student to answer questions such as why they want to attend that school. So using those some customization of the app is possible.

• Like 1