Menu

Who's going to tackle Sunday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!  So much to do today.  DH leaves very early tomorrow AM for his new job and won't be back until Friday.  The kids and DH will be spending just about the entire day outside mulching the front and back and then taking heavy stuff (treadmill, exercise bike, shelves) to our storage unit.

So this is what I *want* to accomplish today.  I fear it is never going to happen.

-coffee
-laundry DONE: 7
-DH and I will go do early voting sometime today (7am-7pm) - I think we plan on going right at 7 am
-make sure DS14 finishes last week's school work (sigh, he usually gets everything done but between helping grandpa last week and all the big exams he had last week lots of stuff didn't get done)
-make sure DS17 gets new gray baseball pants
-make sure both boys know that decluttering affects their lives too and they better be going through their closets instead of having their faces in their phones

-decluttering assignment: storage area, guest bedroom and closet (a catchall of junk), DS17 bathroom, hall linen closet
-move DS14's computer and school stuff from the desk in the guest room back to the library since DH will no longer be using the library - NOT TODAY
-cleaning assignment:  clean all ceiling fans and lights (9 of them) - NOT TODAY, EITHER
-make sure DH goes through some of the boxes and boxes of paperwork in the library and makes a shred pile that the kids and I can work on during the week
-finish boxing up donations and this time actually drive to Goodwill
-my tutor student is coming at 5 since we missed a session last week (I should prep for this since I haven't seen him since Tuesday and have no idea what pressing things are due tomorrow) - HAPPY DAY HE ISN'T COMING
-get project I had been working on for school all printed and ready to take to the principal tomorrow
-dinner (sigh, why can't anyone be satisfied with an apple and cheese and crackers?  do I really need to cook a meal each and every day??)

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 4

Good morning!

Pink and Green, no way should you have to cook dinner when your to-do list is a mile long. Tell your family they need to go get you takeout - and not just tonight, but every night until all this moving craziness is over.?

It definitely feels like November here - it's been cold and miserable and pouring rain since yesterday. With the time change, I thought about lying in bed for an extra hour but knew my horses were crabby and starving hungry. They're in fattening-up-for-winter mode and are squabbling over every bit of food (I can relate...).

• get morning chores done
  • go visit FIL (fingers crossed I don't have to see any of dh's other relatives while we're there)
  • drive up to the boys' school, pick them up and go out for lunch
  • stop at grocery store for a few things
  • come home, get a little housework and laundry done
  • dinner: Korean bbq cauliflower and forbidden rice
  • evening chores
  • read and relax tonight
  • Like 4

Good morning! Today is tennis team day at faraway courts. We will have to leave early to avoid Broncos traffic- actually, we might not be able to leave early enough for that. So I am hoping to get many things done before we have to leave.

• pick up donuts and milk
  • laundry (started)
  • update calendar
  • kitchen/other weekly chores
  • leave and drive in traffic
  • wait-not sure where to perch-
  • pick up and drive home
  • make sure grocery list/to-do list is ready for Monday

Have a great day!

• Like 4

Good morning!

Church  

Check on mom and take her some food.   

Read and relax.

Prep cooking.  

Make lists for this week. 

dinner - Houston chx (chx br with Bbq sauce, bacon, and cheddar cheese), broccoli, and sweet potatoes. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Just got back from a nice lunch out with the kids. Also had a good visit with FIL - he was very alert and talkative today. He has dementia and some days are better than others for him.

Drove home on the backroads with pouring rain and many Amish buggies out on the road, which made for a bit of a harrowing trip.

Now I'm planning what to eat at Thanksgiving, since I just realized it is only 2.5 weeks away - and hoping it will stop raining before evening chore time.

• Like 4

Howdy!  I think I skipped yesterday.  I took my kids to morning activities, grocery shopping, and then my sister's 50th birthday party.  That was pretty much the whole day.  Got home about 2am which would have been 3am without the time change.  Stayed up a couple more hours on the computer because I was pretty awake somehow.

Today has been fairly good so far.

• Confirmation class.
  • Got a lot of papers from my kids' lockers / desk.  Organizational skills need work ....
  • Church.
  • Reviewed and sorted a lot of papers & mail.
  • Cleaned kitchen.
  • Cleaned out my car.
  • Got the kids going on their homework.
  • Started laundry.  2nd load is in washer - much earlier than usual, yay.
  • A little reading.
  • Straightened my room a bit.
  • Got caught up on emails, news, social media.
  • Made this post.

To do:

• Lots of work.
  • Finish the laundry.
  • Help kids finish their work.
  • Change out critter cage?
  • Some exercise?
  • Bills.
  • Calendar.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Read-aloud?
  • Kids to bed.
  • Work.
  • Like 5

Well I feel like I got a lot done today, and I'm pretty tired.  But I didn't really touch "work" at all, which may be a problem.

I finished all the laundry, including putting it away and cleaning out the nasty yuck that gets left in the washer door every time. 

I went through all the papers on my bed, processed many, filed some, organized and prioritized the rest.

I cleared a lot of piles of crap in my room.

Did some cleaning in my kids' rooms.

Did some doctoring on my kid's special bear.

Helped with homework and general mom stuff.

Got their stuff ready to go for tomorrow morning.

I wish I had more energy, but I am tired and hurting.  Hopefully I can leap out of bed and be super productive in the morning ....

• Like 2