Menu

Help me find this dress

Ottakee

My DD wants a dress similar to this for her wedding.  She wants something purple in honor of grandma who passed away last spring.  She is certainly busty with a belly, size 14ish (so maybe larger in formal Wear) and only 5' tall.

Any ideas on places to look, etc?   

Screenshot_20180816-222108.png

If she's looking for that dress, I'd go to the website on the screen shot or Amazon. She'd be looking for a bridesmaid's dress instead of a wedding gown I think because bridesmaids dresses will come in any color she wants and almost unlimited styles.

Is she looking for something better quality than that? Because I have a feeling that is probably about $50 on one of those two sites, but even if you pay more at a place like David's Bridal I don't know that their quality would be any better.

I’ll look at clearance racks for prom dresses too. I had mine tailor made though as I am 5’3 so off the racks gowns were sweeping the floor. Size 14P in prom dresses might work for your daughter because the petite sizes are shorter and she is looking at sleeveless so sleeve length isn’t a consideration. 

https://thedressrailboutique.com/products/lilac-floral-lace-prom-dress

https://www.amyprom.com/products/chic-lilac-prom-dress-a-line-applique-modest-long-prom-dress-evening-dress-am879

You might search this site:  https://www.jjshouse.com/Cheap-Bridesmaid-Dresses-c7/  Lots of choices, color combos. I'm considering some for my mother-of-the-bride dress.....

Note:  You should not only look at Bridesmaid collection, but also through their Special Occasion collection as well as their Prom Dress collection.  Truly extensive....  Also, for a mere $20 more, they will use your custom measurements so her petite stature can easily be accommodated. 

Edited by vmsurbat1
More info

6 hours ago, Ottakee said:

Thanks for all of the ideas.  That helps us out.  I know it isn't traditional but it is what she wants.

My daughter is getting married in July and she doesn't want a traditional white dress either...  Maybe this is going to be the start of a new tradition! ?

• Like 1

Do you know anyone who sews for weddings?  I am not particularly good at dresses but I made a dress with the same upper portion when I first started sewing that turned out well enough to wear in public. ?. So I know a pattern existed.  I think it would be an easy dress for someone who does formal wear sewing to create, plus she could have the shade of purple she wants easily.  30 years ago I had my bridesmaid dresses made by a friend of my sil,  no pattern needed just a good photo.