Menu

The I'm Still Kickin'! Teachers Lounge 10-23-2018

scrapbookbuzz

Hello! Good morning! And welcome to the Lounge!

Anyone wonder where I went?? It's been a stressful few weeks culminating in me landing in the ER then an overnight hospital stay last week.
They thought something might be wrong with my heart. But angiogram plus echocardiogram reveal clean vessels. Personally, I think it was unrelieved
stress accompanied by acute anemia that sent me into a high BP and caused my body to almost crash. But I'm home now, trying to take it easy. Ah, life.

Any medical adventures with any of you recently? Here: the above is just a synopsis of the chaos my life has been in the past few weeks, let alone this year.

What's some GOOD news you can share with us? Here: I'm not dead! ;-) Sort of tongue in cheek, but seriously, it's the truth.

Any big events/special occasions coming up? Here: Tech Week for the boy is NEXT week AND I start a F/T temporary job on Saturday that will last for a total of about 8 days.

Talk to me! ?

Hi ya, Scrap!  I'm so glad that you are ok.  Take care of yourself, ok?

No medical adventures.  Just the same old continuation of trying to get better / achieve some progress on the "quality of life" scale.

Good news?  Hmm.  Dd just got CPR certified and is also now a mandated reporter after going through Child Abuse Prevention training.  It is all part of the comprehensive training given to employees at the Y. 

Big events?  I guess the holidays are coming up.  My son (who is going to school now in your neck of the woods) won't be coming home for Thanksgiving but will be home for a few weeks at Christmas.

Yes, I was wondering where you were, but assumed you were busy. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. Hope things are better now. 

Good news: My own ECG at ER was also clear. I was in ER twice due to chest pain. Still don't know exactly what the pain is being caused by, but suspect some weird allergy stuff. 

• Like 1

Glad you are ok!

No medical adventures here, but I am traveling again this week and that means blood thinner shots (I had a DVT years ago).  So enjoying two bloody noses a day thanks to those.  DD17 is struggling through reading Emma this week and griping to me via text message about the book.  I can’t say I am a Jane Austen fan myself, so she has my sympathy.