Menu

Who's going to tackle Sunday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!  Recovering from a day of college football (Go Clemson Tigers!), and looking forward to a good day today.  We are trying to find something fun to do as a family today but are struggling to find something everyone will be happy with.  My suggestion was a Yuengling Brewery tour in Tampa.  LOL

-coffee
-prepare for school week
-laundry
-do something with the 6 lbs of ground beef I bought at Costco (or at least separate it into meal sized portions to freeze)
-marinate shish kabob meat and freeze in meal sized portions
-find a book to read
-prepare for tutor student for the upcoming week
-dinner
-finish up project I'm working on for school principal

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 3

• Church
  • Insurance and Bank work on computer if my eyes start working better
  • Hopefully have the energy to go to a really cool cemetery event at the local cemeterY (at least a hundred people in costumes of the period and circumstances of the dead and telling you about their stories-- there are gypsies, Governor, a lady who ran a prostitute house but started our biggest hospital, murderer, etc) I think I will really try to go and if necessary, take my walker
  • rest as much as I can

Good morning!  Yesterday was mostly resting but lots of football watching- Roll Tide- and I did watch parts of a few other games, but also going to Haunted Caverns with my dd and sil.  

• Like 4

Good morning!

• plan my week & update calendar
  • plan meals for the week
  • straighten up coat closet, move boys' gigantic boots up to their rooms since they take up so much space. Remind boys that they need to order new coats, hats, gloves, and boots to take to school.
  • refill dog food bins & horse treat jars
  • clean out fridge that is getting replaced tomorrow (can't wait)
  • order lights for kitchen, pantry, mudroom, and main floor bath
  • read and relax
  • dinner: ??
  • watch hockey tonight
  • Like 3

I guess I forgot to post yesterday! That is probably okay because I really didn't get anything done. Today, I am also not getting too much done, I just have to drive down to pick up ds3 when he gets back into town.

• write
  • crochet and watch football
  • leave to get ds3
  • dh is grilling chicken for dinner

Have a great day!

• Like 3

• Sunday school.
  • Church.
  • 1 kid off to horse riding.
  • 2nd kid assigned to do some work - but she's probably just playing on her phone.
  • A little organizing in my room.
  • Caught up on emails, social media, news.
  • Theoretically working ....
  • 2nd kid will have a race at 4pm ... should make her go eat something.
  • Hope to get a tiny bit of exercise.
  • After the race, everyone just working and eventually sleeping.
  • Like 2

So I ran a mile "race" with some of the parents of the racers today.  I was last, but not by much.  ?  I am very out of shape and am really just happy I finished.  ?

My runner took her crutches to the track, but ended up just carrying them for about a half mile and then she handed them off to me.  She wasn't trying to be the fastest, but she did decide to try not to be last, and ultimately she believes she came in 1st in her age group.  I'll know on Tuesday or Wednesday.  Whatever, it was good enough for her to win the overall five-race competition and get a "champion" trophy, which made her quite happy.

• Like 3