Menu

Who's going to tackle Thursday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!  I am on call for a substitute position today.  If I get called it will be right before I have to leave.  Day is pretty much the same regardless.

-coffee
-get DS17 off to school with his math project (due today) that he had 6 weeks to complete and just started/finished last night
-school with DS14 (including lit paper, live class at 10 am, DBA with FLVS biology teacher)
-prep for my tutor student (he has 5 tests and a paper due tomorrow)

-figure out dinner (shrimp scampi most likely)
-laundry
-figure out how many days I can go without going to Publix, Costco, and/or WholeFoods...

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 4

Good morning! 

This week is a little lighter for us because many things are on Fall Breaak, but our Thursday is regular.

• school
  • wash sheets and remake bed
  • general tidying/organizing/list making
  • order SS currciulum
  • think about making sourdough starter - I usually bake bread in the winter and don't have a starter right now.
  • walk? pretty here today
  • library for books and early voting
  • Ds to an activity
  • AHG with Dd 
  • listen to Close Reads

Dinner is ham and bean soup that I made yesterday. Maybe with some good bread (which would require a grocery trip.) 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Good morning! The kids are off to their athletic activities. I am going to have some coffee before I leave to pick up ds3. It is a busy day here.

• coffee/paper
  • pick up ds3
  • school with ds3 after breakfast
  • bills/write
  • dentist appointment for me
  • lunch with dmil
  • home to check all schoolwork
  • ds3 to tennis
  • quick check in with dd2
  • write a little
  • pick up ds3
  • dinner and watch Bronco game

Have a great day!

• Like 4

Good morning!

• workers in the house again today (mudroom countertop is getting sealed)
  • school w/dd
  • take dog to vet for Adequan shot at 10:15
  • drop off last manure sample to horse vet and pick up dewormer
  • fuel up car
  • run into grocery store to get Fig Newtons (my next attempt at getting dd's horse to take his yucky-tasting pill)
  • come home and do office work the rest of the day
  • dinner: mushroom fettuccine with broccoli
  • watch hockey tonight
Edited by Selkie
  • Like 4

Good morning!  My kids are off school and my boss is out of town.  But I have a couple of overdue projects to work on, so I can't take it too easy.

Here's some proof that I need more coffee:  I saw the words "substitute position" above and had to do a double take because my eyes / brain saw "prostitution."  (Dyslexia does run in my family.)

• Up in the wee hours on the internet.
  • Slept in until about 8am.
  • Boss called and gave me a headache.  Must keep the words to a minimum before my coffee.
  • Changed arrangements with kids' driver for this afternoon.
  • Having coffee and checking social media / emails / news.

To do:

• Work work work work.
  • Hopefully the kids' teacher contacts me with a time to meet.  I missed the deadline to schedule online.  Bad mom!
  • Bills.
  • Kids are on their own for food and (if I am up to forcing it) cleaning up their messes / rooms.
  • Kid 2 to horse riding - driver will drive, unless the teacher's meeting time is an issue.
  • Some housework on work breaks.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 5

I've officially decided that this will be our last year with AHG unless my kids step up and beg to continue on their own steam.  Probably should have done it last year.  Too much stress on top of all the other stuff we do.  And at their age, they are supposed to be driving it anyway.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, SKL said:

I've officially decided that this will be our last year with AHG unless my kids step up and beg to continue on their own steam.  Probably should have done it last year.  Too much stress on top of all the other stuff we do.  And at their age, they are supposed to be driving it anyway.

I think this is common at your girls' age. Our troop has certainly experienced it. (Though we sometimes also get new girls at around 5th-7th grades.) There is just not time to do everything well and kids need to choose a few things they really enjoy to focus on. 

• Like 5

I am trying to get motivated to finish some things, but I am annoyed because I found out I need to replace a crown at the dentist. This one tooth is going to be the most expensive thing I have ever had done to my body-a root canal and two crowns. Jeepers.

Also, I had lunch with my dmil who is planning to move into an independent living facility after Christmas. She completely has her head in the sand about the HUGE house that has a TON of things in it. She doesn't have to sell immediately which is good and will let her move to her new place with less emotional upheaval, but she is in denial about certain facts, such as she is downsizing from a 3,000+ sq ft house to a one bedroom apartment and that if she goes through her things at the current pace, she will die before even one floor is empty.

Why am I the point person? Because I am here, unemployed, and she likes me. It is like this looming stress filled horror show...

• Sad 3

Ugh.  I subbed today and then worked over 2 hours with my tutor student then chatted with his mom for another hour so here it is 8:00 and I haven't laid eyes on my own kid's school work, there is no dinner, and oh yeah - DS17 got a speeding ticket on his way home from school.

Jen, I feel your pain.  We did that with my husband's grandparents and it was terrible.  We also had to help his parents downsize from the family home.  I still have nightmares about all the "treasures" and the "how can I part with these halloween costumes from 1972" that went along with it.  Then they get insulted when you don't want their junk. 

• Sad 4

Well I worked a lot today, but don't have much to show for it.  Had a lot of communication about stuff that I've been over again and again.  Somehow it comes out to be my fault.  The client has so much turnover I can't get anything done with them - and I don't have time to keep re-training them just to see the next person leave in a year or less.  So today this guy is chiding me for times I've told him I need a quick turnaround.  Well I only need a quick turnaround now because nobody did anything the last 10 times I asked.  Or because I got delayed by the 100 extra things they needed me to do.  ?

Went back to the chiropractor to get the "boot" they ordered for my kid, and it was too small - my kid's toe hangs over the front, but the doc said use it anyway.  Whatever.  Bought some squishy tops for the crutches she is supposed to be using.  But she is cheating and walking and running without the crutches.  Says her foot is almost as good as new already.  And she wants to run in the 1-mile race on Sunday.  Doc says no.  Both kids are being a pill and a half today.

Kids' friend's mom texted to ask me if I would take her kid for half of tomorrow, so he doesn't have to sit home alone all day.  I said fine - but my house is a mess.  Then I remembered the maids are coming tomorrow, or at least I think they are???  I am feeling too lazy to deal with all of this.  I told the kids to clean, but they are not exactly spiffy maids....

All in all I'm feeling really impatient right now.  (Please tell me this is NOT hormonal.)

I still hold out hope of finishing one of the things I was supposed to do this morning ....

• Like 4