Menu

Pumpkin Le Creuset

mmasc

It’s back and so cute! I had a thread a while back asking you guys what your favorite Le Creuset pieces were, and I feel like somebody mentioned wanting the pumpkin cocotte. Maybe??? Anyway, here’s the link. You can get the regular size for $150, plus a free mini one and free shipping!

https://www.lecreuset.com/pumpkin-cocotte?trk_msg=759HA3HQ6TDKN6QSEG7CTMDIS4&trk_contact=IA4HP3RBCAQBROHQ4K0BVE0VDO&trk_sid=N90V6GAJP6I34KU22P0HAFLB2O&utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=https%3a%2f%2fwww.lecreuset.com%2fpumpkin-cocotte&utm_campaign=PumpkinCocotte100518

Feel free to start talking about your favorite stuff and colors again if you missed the last thread? 

Very cute, but not within my budget and not a color that I like. I'm a blue person. My kitchen in our old house was blue and white, and I fell in love with our rental house when I saw a blue backsplash in the kitchen (among other features).

I have a blue oval casserole one that I found on clearance at Ross, and a bigger round blue one that was heavily discounted at an upscale grocery store because the box was crushed.

My beloved aunt was always into La Creuset, and I learned why after getting my first one.

Edited by G5052
  • Like 2

That's so cute! I love Le Creuset and have quite a few pieces in Cherry Red.  I don't know if that Le Creuset pumpkin is newish or if I just never saw it, but I bought the Staub 3.5-qt Cast-Iron Pumpkin Cocotte 3 or 4 years ago.  I absolutely love it! I leave it out on my cooktop from the end of September until the day after Thanksgiving.  It makes me happy to look at it.  ?

• Like 2

La la lalalala, I didn't read this OR I hate you for showing us that link (don't really hate you - LOL!  This is my favorite time of year and I like most things pumpkin! And, the colors!  I feel compelled to go out and buy this.  I've always wanted this brand so what better time to kick start a small collection than now, right!?!?!?!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sheryl said:

La la lalalala, I didn't read this OR I hate you for showing us that link (don't really hate you - LOL!  This is my favorite time of year and I like most things pumpkin! And, the colors!  I feel compelled to go out and buy this.  I've always wanted this brand so what better time to kick start a small collection than now, right!?!?!?!

I’m sorry for the temptation! I only have one piece so far; but my goal is to get my coveted Dutch oven before anything else, so I’m not tempted on the pumpkin. Now if I had endless Le Creuset money to spend...you bet I’d get it!?

9 minutes ago, texasmom33 said:

Gotta admit. I'm a Staub person over Le Creuset. This is their version: https://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO-1748698/Staub+Pumpkin+Cocotte but I've never been able to bring myself to spring for it. The Le Creuset offer is tempting, but I'll say that their plastic knobs (even if they say they're heatproof to 500) irritate me and are one of the reasons I lean more to Staub. Do y'all replace the knob or has the plastic been okay long term? I sort of feel like for the price, they can kick in one of the metal knobs. 

Oooo...that *is* pretty! I think even prettier than the LC. I just noticed that the orange colored pumpkin in LC is showing out of stock. I just got the email this morning! What the heck?!

• Like 1

I was oohing and ahhing about the pumpkin pot on the former thread.  I've been wanting a pumpkin-shaped pot or tureen for serving (not necessarily cooking) soup. I'm happy to report that I got a ceramic pumpkin tureen from Pier 1 at a very steep discount! I've been cooking my fall soups in my regular LC and serving it up in the pumpkin. All the cuteness for a fraction of the price. Win-win.

• Like 1

FYI: Aldi has a selection of enameled cast iron in stores right now.  Obviously, it's not LC but they are heavy, good quality pieces under $25.00. I got an enameled skillet and Dutch oven last year that has held up perfectly and I picked up an enameled saucepan this year.  Metal knobs too!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WoolC said:

FYI: Aldi has a selection of enameled cast iron in stores right now.  Obviously, it's not LC but they are heavy, good quality pieces under $25.00. I got an enameled skillet and Dutch oven last year that has held up perfectly and I picked up an enameled saucepan this year.  Metal knobs too!

I was just in Aldi yesterday and didn’t see these! 

Honestly, I have a Tramontina that I bought about 8 years ago that I love. It’s starting to stick a bit though and I don’t know if the enamel is damaged or if it’s still safe to use. ?That’s the only reason I’m even in the market for a new Dutch oven. I really love mine though! I got it at Sam’s and it’s a really pretty dark green. Plus I get bizarrely attached to things like this and won’t want to let it go?

2 hours ago, mmasc said:

Oooo...that *is* pretty! I think even prettier than the LC. I just noticed that the orange colored pumpkin in LC is showing out of stock. I just got the email this morning! What the heck?!

Yep, that Staub one in the link is the exact one that I have.  I think I like it better than the Le Creuset one too. ?

• Like 1

I love shopping for this kind of stuff too! I’m all over the dishes threads on the board. I got my Fiesta dishes bc of these threads.?(And I love them)

I think I may have actually gotten Tramontina at the time because it was America’s Test Kitchen budget recommendation!

I’ll definitely check out the LC YouTuber! That will be right up my alley. I’ve currently been watching funny boxer dog/puppies videos, so now I can switch it up a bit. ?

On 10/5/2018 at 12:38 PM, edelweiss said:

That's so cute! I love Le Creuset and have quite a few pieces in Cherry Red.  I don't know if that Le Creuset pumpkin is newish or if I just never saw it, but I bought the Staub 3.5-qt Cast-Iron Pumpkin Cocotte 3 or 4 years ago.  I absolutely love it! I leave it out on my cooktop from the end of September until the day after Thanksgiving.  It makes me happy to look at it.  ?

Thanks for mentioning the Staub.  My mom got me one for an early bday present.

• Like 2