Menu

Classical Stretch DVD's

northcoast

I saw on another thread about trying Classical Stretch DVD's.  Which ones are your favorites?  Which ones get the most bang of the buck?  So many choices.  I jog 3 days/week but not much else.  I need to add something so I have good overall health - balance, flexibility, strength.  Peri-menopause is also doing me in. ?  I need to move more.

Essentrics The Ultimate Stretch Workout gives me the option of four targeted body area stretches that only last 15 minutes (I watch at 2x speed when super busy) or two other 30 minute routines.  Good all around.  Search function on their website is nearly impossible, although I wanted to purchase directly through them after perusing Amazon reviews.  You have to go to their Essentrics.com site, choose 'store', then 'Essentrics DVD's' to find this particular one.  The choices are overwhelming imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pawz4me said:

The choices ARE overwhelming!

FWIW--Streaming is easy to cancel if you want to try it for a month or two. But you do have to call to cancel, you can't do it via email. When I cancelled they didn't give me any sales pitch to try to convince me to stay.

I cancelled online. Maybe it's changed. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Catwoman said:

I remember that Season 4 seemed to have been slower paced with more specific instructions than some of the other seasons.

Before you buy any DVDs, check to see if your local PBS station airs the series. It’s usually on very early in the morning.

That helps to know season 4 has more specific instructions.  I found 1 dvd, Mobility & Bone Strengthening for Beginners, at the library yesterday.  While good, I felt I had a difficult time doing everything that was being done.  It was a lot to take in.  However, it seems doable & a gentle way to start moving.

11 hours ago, alisoncooks said:

I agree - stream for a month or two and find what you like. The price is reasonable, before investing in one of the seasons.  But the stand-alone Essentrics DVDs are good, if you prefer Sahra (sp?) over Miranda. 

That is a great idea to stream for a month or two to see what I like!

• Like 1

The choices are overwhelming which is why I asked.  ?  I did mostly like the DVD I found at the library but eventually will get bored & will need to try some of her other stuff or Ellen Barrett.  I will have to see how one shoulder handles things and my neck.

I appreciate all the suggestions!

• Like 1