Menu

Happiness is ... Skyping with College Girl

dirty ethel rackham

I just had a lovely Skype chat with College Girl.  It was so good to see her face and hear her talk about what she is up to (typical freshman over-committing to too many clubs), her classes (Calculus is kicking her rear, but she knew that would be the case), and to vent about boyfriend problems (boyfriend is a senior in high school who is sick with mono, stressed out about doing his college apps and is very needy right now.)  I felt needed!!!   And I get to see her in 11 days.  

• Like 15

11 hours ago, dirty ethel rackham said:

I just had a lovely Skype chat with College Girl. 

What fun!  When our daughter was in college, we were surprised by the clubs she joined -- Scottish dancing, for example, when she'd had one year of ballet at age seven and no prior interest in anything Scottish; Taiko drumming; and a juggling club.  Has your daughter surprised you?  Enjoy her company in eleven days.

We enjoy using Zoom to chat with our daughter who works in South Korea.

Regards,
Kareni

2 hours ago, Kareni said:

Has your daughter surprised you? 

Yep.  In addition to 3 engineering related clubs (which still surprise me ... she was always my artsy/humanities gal) , she joined an intramural soccer team.  She hasn't played soccer since she was 9.  I thought she would be climbing more (especially since she is planning on competing this season.)  Not super out in left field

• Like 2