Menu

Ugh! Sand is everywhere.

Nart

I really this is a petty compliant but I just need to vent about having sand everywhere throughout my house. My kids just finished a three week junior lifeguard camp. They were at the beach at least 5 hours a day and a couple of days they were there 7 to 8 hours. The first day is an initiation day were they go roll in the surf and pour sand all over themselves and rub it in their hair (at least that was one kid's excuse why there was sand falling out of his hair after having showered).  Every morning I walked over a big sand dune to set up a small beach tent so they were out of the sun at least during lunch so I also was tracking in sand. Even though the lunch cooler, wetsuits, shirts, sweatshirts, sun straw hats, boogie boards, surfboard and bags were supposed to stay in garage or in backyard so much sand got inside -on floors, couch, bed, etc. 

Ok - done ranting and raving. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Most of the time, I'm glad we live in a clay earth area.  We vacation once every year or two at the Outerbanks and I'm always amazed by how much of North Carolina we bring home with us.  Heck, our little sand box provides enough sand for me.  I can't imagine facing that daily that daily in the house :(

• Like 2

?   I grew up in Florida.  I spent plenty of time rolling in surf and getting buried in sand. If sand is still falling out of his hair after a shower, he didn't wash it properly.  I'd send him back to the shower and then make him vacuum. Possibly with some sarcastic cracks about making him soak in a bath if he's not mature enough to scrub his body and scalp enough to remove all the sand. Also, if you send them to camp with baby powder it will help them get most of the sand off their bodies.  Sprinkle baby powder on, rub it around on skin, wipe it off, most of the stuck sand comes off with it. It will still be in clothes and hair, but the amount coming in your house will be reduced. Granted, you'll have streaks of baby powder in the car wherever they neglected to wipe off the powder, but to my mind that's preferable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1