Menu

So is this the forum in its final format...for now?

Liz CA

Not sure if anyone knows or cares to speculate? I am just wondering if you think this is it or if there are still changes being made...like more expressive emojis along the line of what we used to have...choice of background color for those who dislike the stark white?

• Like 1

I keep hoping for better emojis and simpler access to social groups. The color doesn't bother me once I'm signed in, because I've changed the "theme", but yes, the light blue is hard to take initially. And constantly needing to sign in is irksome, too.

Still... It's kind of SWB to provide the forum, and I'll gratefully use it as it is. I'd also be happy to chip in toward the cost of working out these bugs. I've wondered if the lengthy process of changing platforms led to unexpected expenses, since a lot of support seemed to vanish immediately afterward.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Innisfree said:

I keep hoping for better emojis and simpler access to social groups. The color doesn't bother me once I'm signed in, because I've changed the "theme", but yes, the light blue is hard to take initially. And constantly needing to sign in is irksome, too.

Still... It's kind of SWB to provide the forum, and I'll gratefully use it as it is. I'd also be happy to chip in toward the cost of working out these bugs. I've wondered if the lengthy process of changing platforms led to unexpected expenses, since a lot of support seemed to vanish immediately afterward.

Wondered the same thing. I tried to donate last night (donate button on bottom of sidebar) but it returned an error message. 

And yes, I don't want this to come across as complaining either because this board has been of great help when I was still homeschooling and I still check in here almost daily. I am just wondering if the powers that be are open to suggestions...?

• Like 2

Just now, Selkie said:

I miss the old emojis, like svengo and the little guy running around in circles. The new ones are so blah.

Yes, yes and yes...and guess what I had no clue this would bother me. I always figure I can use words to express myself but evidently I had been relying on emojis more than I thought. It can help a lot in making sure a tongue in cheek post is interpreted as such.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, klmama said:

I click "remember me" when I sign in so that I don't have to do it every time.  Do you see that option?   

It doesn’t always work. I get randomly logged out from the site on all my devices even though I click “remember me.”

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Pawz4me said:

It doesn’t always work. I get randomly logged out from the site on all my devices even though I click “remember me.”

This happens to me, too. I've found when I'm logged out, the theme has changed from default to WTM default. Default works great. WTM default not so much.

• Like 2

The constantly needing to sign in has made me stop participating in threads regularly. It is just too annoying and takes too many steps.

I hate when I'm reading a thread, go to comment, realize I'm not signed in, and then once I sign in I have to hunt down the thread and my spot in it again. By that point I've already decided it isn't worth commenting anyway.

• Like 4